Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

cancel my adwords account and use another adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
i had cancel my adwords account and i want to use another adwords account.
How can i cancel my current adwords account and join another adwords account?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karishma (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: cancel my adwords account and use another adwords account

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Steven,

You can cancel your current AdWords account, if you have admin access, by going to My Account > Preferences. Even if you cancel your account, your email will still be tied to it and you won't be able to join another AW account with the same email.

What you'll want to do is create a dummy gmail account. Add it as an admin user to the account through your current email. Log out. Accept the invitation and log in with the dummy email and remove your regular email address as a user from My Account > Account Access. Then you'll be able to create or join another AdWords account with your email.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have additional questions!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karishma (Google Employee)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Steven,

You can cancel your current AdWords account, if you have admin access, by going to My Account > Preferences. Even if you cancel your account, your email will still be tied to it and you won't be able to join another AW account with the same email.

What you'll want to do is create a dummy gmail account. Add it as an admin user to the account through your current email. Log out. Accept the invitation and log in with the dummy email and remove your regular email address as a user from My Account > Account Access. Then you'll be able to create or join another AdWords account with your email.

Hope that helps and let me know if you have additional questions!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

A quick addition to Bethany's answer; keep in mind that  per the double serving Policy (the general rule is): "one  business  - one account". So, make sure you close the old one, before opening a new account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've juste cancelled my account. Does it takes time to process it? I've tried to associate the old account with another one and it still says that I have a Google adwords account associated with it.

Thanks.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

Cancelling/inactivating an AdWords account does not unlink the email address from it. You will not be able to use that email for a different AdWords account unless you add another "administrative" user to the original account, log in as that new user, and unlink the original email address.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*