4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

can't access keyword planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm logged into my adwords account, but the only thing showing on the screen is to set up a new ad campaign.  I don't have pull down menus  or links to access the keyword planner.  How do I access keyword planner? I simply cannot get off of the new ad campaign for adwords.

possibly related: I've downloaded Market Samuri and Long Tail Pro to do some keyword research.  Neither of these softwares can access my adword account.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
January 2016

Re: can't access keyword planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 25
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I finnally found the way to solve this issue. There're 2 cases:

1. If you login to your Adwords account at the first time, following these instructions:
- When you login to you Adwords account at the first time, you'll be redirected to the Welcome page. STOP HERE, do not fill in the box: What is your email? or What is your website? Just look around, you'll see the anchor text link: Skip the guided setup as following image:

Image has been scaled down 3% (634x403). Click this bar to view original image (651x413). Click image to open in new window.

Just click to Skip the guided setup, after that you can access to dropdown menu with Tools for accessing Keword Planner. Yeah, it's very simple!

2. In this case, you are here:

Image has been scaled down 21% (634x501). Click this bar to view original image (797x629). Click image to open in new window.

So how to access to Keyword Planner without setting up this campaign?
It's very simple too, let look at the URL like this: 

Quote:https://adwords.google.com/um/GetStarted/Home?__u=xxxxxxxxxx&__c=xxxxxxxxxx&authuser=0#cp

Ok, now what you have to do is change 0 to 1 then press Enter, and you will be redirected to the page which has dropdown menu with Tools for accessing Keword Planner.
Here is what I mean:

Quote:https://adwords.google.com/um/GetStarted/Home?__u=xxxxxxxxxx&__c=xxxxxxxxxx&authuser=1#cp

For more details, you can watch below clip:

Click here for more details

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Mike,

I personally suggest you start using "Adwords editor" instead of third party tools like that. It can be handy if you use it properly.

Also can you go to this link directly while you log in to your Adwords account ? https://adwords.google.com/ko/KeywordPlanner/Home

This should load keyword planner directly

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Mike J M,

This should not be happening in a standard adwords account , if you have administrator rights on the account.

1) Are you sure you have full access to the account ?

2) Are you asking about AdWords express , which does not have the features from adwords standard, such as the keyword planner ?

3) Could you try logging in from a different browser ?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I am having the same issue and frankly quite pissed off! I have tried opening it in a different browser...nope. I tried going straight to the page where this mysterious keyword planner tool is supposed to exist....nope. I am LOCKED in on the "your first campaign" page. What is the deal???? I should have correct admin privileges, I can't imagine that being the issue. In fact, even if I wanted to change those settings I can't. I simply cannot go anywhere other than the set up your ad page, there are zero options for doing anything else. Seriously Google, fix this!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I pretty much gave up. I have been meaning to call Google and ask them what the problem is but I have not had time. With all the people having this issue you'd think their tech support team would address this...that is if they even read forums like these.
I have to say, Google tends to have a poor interface for many of their applications. Their mail is really cluttered and hard to navigate. They need UI improvements badly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was able to bypass the issue by opening the first email I recieved from
google adwords. From there I was able to navigate back into the keyword
planner page. Hope this helps you too

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I'll see if I can locate that email. Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Nope. Didn't work. I found the original "welcome" email, signed in and it
still took me straight to the page for writing an ad.

Here's what I don't understand: WHY is there no navigation on that page
that gives you access to all the webmaster tools??? It really appears to me
they want to lock you in.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
When you say "navigate" back to keyword planner what do you mean? The first email Google sends new Adwords customers prompts you to sign in, so as soon as you do that you are locked into the advertising page. There are no links to go anywhere else.