Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

can not import CSV in editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there

I wanted to import a CSV file into my adwords editor but i can't, the problem is that when i go to file >> Import the iimport CSV is grayed out and i can't select it.

I have been searchuing for an hour now and can't find a solution, anyone that can point me the right way?

Thanks

Dave 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: can not import CSV in editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No that wasn't it either, don't know what it was removed all accounts and reinstalled the editor, it workd now, i guess it was just a glitch in the software 

Thanks everyone

Dave

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dave,

There's a short video and healthy explanation on how to import a CSV file using Adwords editor. Read this article and I am sure you will be able to implement it: http://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/56368/

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes i have read and seen the YT video, but that doesn't solve my problem of the editor not letting me importing CSV files 

Here is a image of a screen i have done, as you can see the options are grayed out and i don't understand why and the help/forum has no solution either, at least i can't find any Smiley Sad ... 

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Dave,

Check to see if you have unposted changes in Editor. This will stop you being able to select the import CSV option.

Just post or undo the changes and then you should be able to import the CSV over the top.

Let me know if this works for you.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Yeah, from your screen shot you do have unposted changes. Post or undo them and you should be fine

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

To follow with Adam, I would just like to add what has been written in the reference I gave above:

Step 2 : Import the CSV file:

Select File > Import CSV. (If you have other pending proposed changes, the menu item will be grayed out. Once you accept or reject the other proposals, you can proceed.)

Hence make sure that there are no pending changes waiting for post.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No that wasn't it either, don't know what it was removed all accounts and reinstalled the editor, it workd now, i guess it was just a glitch in the software 

Thanks everyone

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You need to click the button on the right of the sentence: "view downloaded and unposted changes". (in your snapshot) Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. That worked.

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This two year old thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Many thanks!