AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

can i bid on company names

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

im wondering what the policies are on this.,.... can you bid on the keyword "business week" or lets say something more extreme like "forbes" ? I do not want to get in trouble with my campaign and not sure how it works.

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author newbieguy
September 2015

Re: can i bid on company names

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello newbieguy,

You are fine to bid on trademarked keywords unless you are running ads in the following countries:

• Australia
  • Brazil
  • China
  • Hong Kong
  • Macau
  • New Zealand
  • North Korea
  • South Korea
  • Taiwan

If you run campaigns outside of these countries then you have nothing to be worried about with regards to bidding on trademarked keywords, just remember that you are unable to include trademarks in your ad descriptions.

There is more information regarding all the above here.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Great reply ny Scott. I´ll just add 2 cents:
Avoid using {Keyword: Inserttion}, by which your ad automatically inserts the keyword triggers your in ad text, and by which you accidentally might insert a keyword that shouldn´t be there, or the ad might not show at all (due to restricted trademarks)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Dynamic Keyword Insertion (also referred to as DKI) is something you can introduce to your ad description so that the text will change according to the keyword that particular person is searching. So if you had a generic tennis shoes ad group and I searched for "red tennis shoes" then an ad title using the DKI would automatically change to "red tennis shoes" providing that the keyword is included within the ad group.

David's recommendation is that you be careful using it; imagine if you had an ad group full of trademarked keywords, then your ad has no opportunity to run because the DKI will always attempt to replace the default ad text with the keyword being searched which creates a trademark violation.

If you are interested in learning more about DKI then I recommend reading the Help Centre article and this user article by Neha.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello newbieguy,

You are fine to bid on trademarked keywords unless you are running ads in the following countries:

• Australia
  • Brazil
  • China
  • Hong Kong
  • Macau
  • New Zealand
  • North Korea
  • South Korea
  • Taiwan

If you run campaigns outside of these countries then you have nothing to be worried about with regards to bidding on trademarked keywords, just remember that you are unable to include trademarks in your ad descriptions.

There is more information regarding all the above here.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Great reply ny Scott. I´ll just add 2 cents:
Avoid using {Keyword: Inserttion}, by which your ad automatically inserts the keyword triggers your in ad text, and by which you accidentally might insert a keyword that shouldn´t be there, or the ad might not show at all (due to restricted trademarks)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry dDavid can you give an example im a noobie thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Dynamic Keyword Insertion (also referred to as DKI) is something you can introduce to your ad description so that the text will change according to the keyword that particular person is searching. So if you had a generic tennis shoes ad group and I searched for "red tennis shoes" then an ad title using the DKI would automatically change to "red tennis shoes" providing that the keyword is included within the ad group.

David's recommendation is that you be careful using it; imagine if you had an ad group full of trademarked keywords, then your ad has no opportunity to run because the DKI will always attempt to replace the default ad text with the keyword being searched which creates a trademark violation.

If you are interested in learning more about DKI then I recommend reading the Help Centre article and this user article by Neha.