AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

can I start advertise with google adwords at tech support site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have many clients of tech support services provide who want to advertize their business at Google Adwords and they also want to spend $500 to 1000 per month. How i am started this project ? Pleasegive 

me guidlines.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: can I start advertise with google adwords at tech support site

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Tech support is a very sensitive business to promote on Adowrds;

Run a quick search on community or "tech support " or  "IT support"  - you'll find dozens of discussions on the subject.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Prevesh,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

It's not about the amount one spends, it's about the interests of users/advertisers/publishers that Google cares for. A typical tech support business lives on trademark keywords and Google does not allow this. It's a huge violation of Google's policy as it can affect the reputation of several established brands and at the same time it can create confusions and literally very bad experience for end users. 

The simple answer is - one cannot use AdWords to promote a business that aims to steal traffic unethically from established brands by making use of trademarks. 

Please review AdWords Trademark policy here

Excuse me if I am sounding harsh, but trust me this is what it is. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Tech support is a very sensitive business to promote on Adowrds;

Run a quick search on community or "tech support " or  "IT support"  - you'll find dozens of discussions on the subject.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

To follow with Moshe here, Technical support services is a debatable and controversial issue since long. There are various factors taken into consideration while evaluating this particular business type. Few which I remember like: not having the physical presence for which technical support is being provided, some billing related issues etc...

As Moshe said, you run a search across the Community related to this topic and there are tons of thread with lot of discussions.

Pankaj