AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

can I limit my adwords to $25 per month?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to test AdWords at no more than $25 per month. How does this work

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: can I limit my adwords to $25 per month?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
There is no monthly limit as such. Instead there is a daily limit. so if you set your daily limit to $1, you'll spend $30.4 (the average number of days in a month - Google are engineering geeks).

but here's the thing... depending upon your industry, your website and the competition, you might find that the average cost per click in a top three or four position is $2... so your test adds will appear, perhaps in position 8 or 9, maybe on the second page... or at strange times of the day when no-one else is advertising (perhaps because they have tested and found that those times of the day simply don't work)

Instead I would suggest compressing your spend over a few days, let's say 2, and spend $12.50 a day - you can do this by setting an end date to your campaign or simply switching it off manually.

But my last point would be this....

Spend more. How can you possibly expect to test the system with such a small budget... there are verticals where a single click would cost you more than $25.

If you are looking to make a business decision based on a $25 test investment into what is essentially market research, then that decision is going to be questionable at best.

View solution in original post

I want to pay $25/mo to start and no more. How?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to pay $25/mo to start. How?

Re: I want to pay $25/mo to start and no more. How?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Shaw,

There is no minimum budget requirement in AdWords. And you can control your spend by setting a specific daily budget for your campaign.

And you want to spend only $25/ month that is less that $1/day.

I doubt you will be able to achieve your advertising goals with that budget.

Deepak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
There is no monthly limit as such. Instead there is a daily limit. so if you set your daily limit to $1, you'll spend $30.4 (the average number of days in a month - Google are engineering geeks).

but here's the thing... depending upon your industry, your website and the competition, you might find that the average cost per click in a top three or four position is $2... so your test adds will appear, perhaps in position 8 or 9, maybe on the second page... or at strange times of the day when no-one else is advertising (perhaps because they have tested and found that those times of the day simply don't work)

Instead I would suggest compressing your spend over a few days, let's say 2, and spend $12.50 a day - you can do this by setting an end date to your campaign or simply switching it off manually.

But my last point would be this....

Spend more. How can you possibly expect to test the system with such a small budget... there are verticals where a single click would cost you more than $25.

If you are looking to make a business decision based on a $25 test investment into what is essentially market research, then that decision is going to be questionable at best.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You would have to set the Maximum spend as a monthly $25. However, if you're going to be doing market research to check stuff out, you're better off putting $300 in on one month and seeing how that goes. We have a low daily budget of £5 ($8) and we burn through that everyday. Setting the monthly spend at $25 will mean you'll burn through it in about a day or 2, if enough people are clicking your adverts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shaw,

I think i's very important to be aware of what you are testing as well. Adwords is a connection-engine and for $25, you may connect 5-8 people with your website, app, video, or LP.

Is that a sufficient amount of people to test whether your website can convert well or not? Is it enough to test whether you need more content and/or a new communication style?

I promise you that if you're simply testing out the ability to connect a business with people searching for it, the system works. But to "test" out Google with $25 may be cutting yourself short because I don't believe an offline test of 5-8 customers would be sufficient to diagnose a brick and mortar.

That being said, if you're going to proceed, test out a new format and put your business on the engine with video:

https://www.youtube.com/videoadbuilder