AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

campaign performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

hello community!

I'm really confused about the performance of my customer's campaign! while it has a CTR around 13% and the keywords' quality score are not bad (mostly 3,5,6 and 8), the impression rate is not good! before, in this campaign i had around 2000 impression and around 150 clicks per day but today, the same campaign has just 100 impression and 13 clicks! i have just changed some match types to have more related searches! PLEASE! tell me what is going on??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: campaign performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

PLEASE! I need your help!

@Shahrzad Fatemi wrote:

hello community!

I'm really confused about the performance of my customer's campaign! while it has a CTR around 13% and the keywords' quality score are not bad (mostly 3,5,6 and 8), the impression rate is not good! before, in this campaign i had around 2000 impression and around 150 clicks per day but today, the same campaign has just 100 impression and 13 clicks! i have just changed some match types to have more related searches! PLEASE! tell me what is going on??

campaign performance

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Add Competitive Metrics columns to see if the issue is due to rank.

If it is, raise your bids or improve your CTR (better ads) or your QS in general. 

Even if you changed nothing, QS is relative to your competitors, and your competitors may have raised their bids. 

campaign performance

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Shahrzad,

What was your match type before? What is the new match type? 

We have seen that when you change match types from broad match keywords to phrase/exact the volume falls down.

campaign performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

it is exactly what i have dine! it was broad, with a "+" mark, now it's exact! 

campaign performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

thank you RobSkelton, but there is no competitor for my keywords!

campaign performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

By the way, Hi and thank u Smiley Happy

campaign performance

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Use the Search Terms report (in the Keywords tab) to see which actual search queries your ad appeared for in the past.

If you change the match type from broad or phrase to exact, you will always get less impressions and probably less clicks - because your keyword matches less search queries.

campaign performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

thank you so much, it can be helpful!