2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

call extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1.do call extensions work for cross country call? im located in israel, can i use call extension and receive call from usa for example to israel?

2. do call extensions work on mobile app campaigns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ODED s
September 2015

Re: call extensions

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ODED s,

According to the Adwords Policy :"The phone number in your call extension must be a local or domestic number for the country you're targeting. Be sure to enter the correct format for your target country, or your number might not work properly."

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ODED s
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ODED s,

According to the Adwords Policy :"The phone number in your call extension must be a local or domestic number for the country you're targeting. Be sure to enter the correct format for your target country, or your number might not work properly."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Shuva - What you've answered with is the Policy for Call Extension submission. The Policy wording does not cover whether or not Google will choose to display the Call Extension outside the targeted location.

When this question was submitted I believe Google would not display a Call Extension to a user not physically located within the targeted country. Recently, however this has changed.

Currently YES, Call extensions are able to serve to users outside of the country where the local/domestic number originates. Google does not guarantee that the Call Extensions will only show numbers that are local to the searcher. The system decision to serve ads with particular numbers ties into how the auction works - if it gets clicks etc, it serves more often.

Example Scenario:
Your account is targeting Israel only. Your Call Extension is a domestic Israel phone no.
You have selected the advanced location targeting option "People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location" which is the default selection.
A searcher located in New York, USA performs a search for "Hotels Tel Aviv"
Your ad shows and Google may choose to display the Call Extension as well.

Thus yes, you can receive call from USA for to Israel.

Disclaimer - Google may change this behaviour at any time as I cannot find any documentation to support my answer, merely what I've observed.