6.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

broad modifiet match case d

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If i put a keyword +red bajaj bike in broad modifier match type what would be the most important keyword in this case only red or whole phrase red bajaj bike
1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author vijay b
September 2015

Re: broad modifiet match case d

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

The plus sign "+" is specific for individual words within the phrase. So when you add '+' to 'red', it's not that "red" will become more important, you're just adding a few more options on how your entire phrase is triggered by the user search term.

When you include the keyword '+red bajaj bike' on your campaign, you're telling Google a few things about the 'red' word and the phrase.

1. The word "red" SHOULD BE part of the user searched term, so anything WITHOUT the word "red", won't activate yor keyword '+red bajaj bike'
  2. Words using "+" have a few different activation. User term containing synonyms or other variations of those words (such as related searches), can trigger your ad. An example: if you have "+flower" within your campaign, the user search for "buy roses" can trigger your ad, because Google understands that "roses" is a type of flower, and this terms are connected

-

About "red 200cc latest bajaj", yes, this search should trigger your keyword '+red bajaj bike'.

Hope this clarify.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Vijay,

1. Yes, someone that search only for "red" can activate your keyword "red shoe". Negative keyword are important here, because if someone look for "red SHIRT" your ad for Shoes can appear, so you'd like to include "shirt" as a negative keyword

2. No, someone looking only for the word "roses" will not trigger your ad, because both words have the plus "+" signal. Remember that words with broad modifier need to be on user query, in this case, both "red" and "roses" need to appear on the user query.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 12
Rising Star
Hi Vijay,

When you use Broad Match for keywords with 2 or more words in it, it's the same as if you add them as individual negative keywords.

In your case, -red shirt will be the same as having them as individual keywords, like:

-red
-shirt

So in this case, ANYTHING that have the word "red" or "shirt" will not trigger your ads. That's why account structure is to important.

When you're selling something, you never use the word of you product as a negative keyword with Broad Match type, there's no exception for this. If you sell "shirt" and use the word "shirt" as negative keyword, it's like you're not advertising at all, right?

In this case, you should have:

Group 1 - Red shirts
Here you'll include all the words for "red shirts" and it's variations, as also as negative keyword for other colors like: blue, yellow, green and so on

Group 2 - Blue Shirts
Here you'll include all the words for "blue shirts" and it's variations, as also as negative keyword for other colors like: RED, yellow, green and so on

Hope this clarify your doubt Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Vijay,

If you have the keyword "+red bajaj bike" and someone search for "red bajaj bike" this is definetelly the most relevant search.

Each word preceded by a plus sign has to appear in someone's search exactly or as a close variant. Close variants include misspellings, singular and plural forms, abbreviations and acronyms, and stemmings (like "floor" and "flooring"). Synonyms (like "quick" and "fast") and related searches (like "shoes" and "boots") aren't considered close variants.

You can check this article for more information and help:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497702?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi leandrofm,
. Thaks for reply i want to know if i use this phrase but i puted +plus sign only in front of red word then what ??? Would my whole phrase becomes important if i puted plus sign in front of the phrase or particular one word would becomes important. And if i puted query red 200cc latest Bajaj bike then would my ad appears or no. And last if the whose phrase is important then what if i dint get single one word in query???? please. Answer
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

The plus sign "+" is specific for individual words within the phrase. So when you add '+' to 'red', it's not that "red" will become more important, you're just adding a few more options on how your entire phrase is triggered by the user search term.

When you include the keyword '+red bajaj bike' on your campaign, you're telling Google a few things about the 'red' word and the phrase.

1. The word "red" SHOULD BE part of the user searched term, so anything WITHOUT the word "red", won't activate yor keyword '+red bajaj bike'
  2. Words using "+" have a few different activation. User term containing synonyms or other variations of those words (such as related searches), can trigger your ad. An example: if you have "+flower" within your campaign, the user search for "buy roses" can trigger your ad, because Google understands that "roses" is a type of flower, and this terms are connected

-

About "red 200cc latest bajaj", yes, this search should trigger your keyword '+red bajaj bike'.

Hope this clarify.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for reply leandrofm I got that + would reresent only single words importance and also its importance if someone use its synonyms..........

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi leandrofm.
i have few questions about keyword match types
1. If 'red shoe' is my keyword an in broad match case if some one triggered only 'red' then would my ad appeared or not.

2. If keyword is +red +roses in broad modifier case if someone triggered only with 'roses' then would my ad appears or not?????
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Vijay,

1. Yes, someone that search only for "red" can activate your keyword "red shoe". Negative keyword are important here, because if someone look for "red SHIRT" your ad for Shoes can appear, so you'd like to include "shirt" as a negative keyword

2. No, someone looking only for the word "roses" will not trigger your ad, because both words have the plus "+" signal. Remember that words with broad modifier need to be on user query, in this case, both "red" and "roses" need to appear on the user query.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks leandrofm,
Thanks for reply.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi leandrofm,
I have on question related to negative broad match if my keword is -red shirt in negative broad case and if some one triggers only for shirt then what wud be the result would my ad appear

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Hi Vijay,

On negative keywords you should only add the terms that you don't want to trigger your ads.

If you're selling shirts and you don't want your ads to appear for "red shirt", you just add "red" as negative keyword, and not the entire phrase.

IF you have to use a phrase as negative keyword, always do so using Phrase Match Type + Negative, and not broad match. In this case, you'd use -"red shirt".

If you use negative phrases as broad, all keyword all be considered as negative, so in your example, 'red' and 'shirt' will both be negative keywords, as if they were independent.

Hope this helps.