AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

brands/product types in seperate campaigns or adgroups for PLA's?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to set of product listing ads. What is the best structure to set the PLA's up? I have numerous brands to cover and within each brand there are numerous types of products. I read from a help article someone set there's up all within one campaign and had seperate ad groups for each brand. If I did that though the product targets would not be applicable to all products within that brand if i were to use brand and product type. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Stu 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: brands/product types in seperate campaigns or adgroups for PLA's?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Stu, 

Thanks for your post, that's an interesting point. 

Generally we'd recommend breaking out your ad groups by a meaningful marker of the products you're promoting (that make sense for your business), like your product's brand or product name. This allows you the flexibility to apply different auto targets to these ad groups and use a tailored bidding strategy.

If you choose to split out your ad groups like this, you could use combinations of auto targets to make sure you were only targeting the products in your Merchant Centre feed that you are interested in promoting (like brand and condition). However, you could also try using an AdWords label. This would allow you to label the specific products you would like to promote together.

For example, if you were a shoe shop you could have an AdWords label 'Best Selling Red Shoes' and mark only the shoes that fit your criteria with this label, and then use this lable to target your Product Listing Ads. This link here explains AdWords labels in a bit more detail if you'd like to read any further on this. 

Does anyone else from the Community have any ideas or thoughts on this one?

Best,

A.