Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

bidding strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello,

im new to google adwords, now im running google display network - remarketing, can you guys tell me

1. which is better way for bidding strategy, do i have to choose CPC or CPM ? 

2. do i have to set the whole targeting method (display keywords,placement,topic,interest and remarketing,gender, and age)

thanks Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: bidding strategy

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Noval,

To add to Pankaj's answer, I agree with him regarding CPC vs CPM - ultimately what bidding method you decide to go with should ladder back to your business objectives and your goals for AdWords.  If you're looking for more Reach then you'll probably want to go with CPM.  If you're looking for performance, CPC is probably the route that would make the most sense.

In regards to your second question, adding additional layers of targeting to a Remarketing Campaign could help improve performance, but it could also dramatically impact how often your Ads show - by using so many different targeting layers you could make your target audience too small.  I've included some links below that could be helpful to you as you build your Google Display Network Campaigns.

You may consider adding additional Display Network Campaigns to your Account - one for Remarketing and another for other targeting tactics such as Contextual, Audiences, etc.

Google Display Network Getting Started Guide

Targeting Settings on Google Display Network

Where Ads Could Appear on Google Display Network

Reaching Audiences on Google Display Network

Finally, since you're new to AdWords, I've included some links below that will be helpful to you on your AdWords journey.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

CPC or CPM bidding depends upon what you really want to accomplish. In case you prime aim is Branding, you can go with CPM bidding and that would help you build your brand online across Google Display Network.

Remarketing is actually meant to re-target your users who have been to your website earlier. Now it depends upon you whether you want to add any keywords, placements, topics etc to refine the targeting. This methodology will actually collect the cookies of the users who have been to your website earlier and then when they browse Google's Display Network using different placements and if it matches your criteria, your ad will be shown to them. Find more details about Remarketing here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en

Read about various Remarketing Strategies here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Noval,

To add to Pankaj's answer, I agree with him regarding CPC vs CPM - ultimately what bidding method you decide to go with should ladder back to your business objectives and your goals for AdWords.  If you're looking for more Reach then you'll probably want to go with CPM.  If you're looking for performance, CPC is probably the route that would make the most sense.

In regards to your second question, adding additional layers of targeting to a Remarketing Campaign could help improve performance, but it could also dramatically impact how often your Ads show - by using so many different targeting layers you could make your target audience too small.  I've included some links below that could be helpful to you as you build your Google Display Network Campaigns.

You may consider adding additional Display Network Campaigns to your Account - one for Remarketing and another for other targeting tactics such as Contextual, Audiences, etc.

Google Display Network Getting Started Guide

Targeting Settings on Google Display Network

Where Ads Could Appear on Google Display Network

Reaching Audiences on Google Display Network

Finally, since you're new to AdWords, I've included some links below that will be helpful to you on your AdWords journey.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hii Pankaj, thank you so much for the information, its so helpful Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hello Brian, thank you for the reply, its so helpful to me Smiley Happy

bidding strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. try both by fixing 2 separate campaigns and compare the results
2. try stand alone methods (for example only keywords) and mix methods (for example keywords and placements)