AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

bidding in a country without search campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I come from a region where there are hardly any active search campaigns running, minus 2-3 players at most. In such a industry can someone risk going for a lower CPC considering hardly anyone else is there in the bidding process in my country for the region that I am targeting.

Also does adwords tell the average bids recieved in the past for keywords that I have included in my plan, i.e average bids that have or are being originated from the current region that I belong to and am targeting.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: bidding in a country without search campaigns?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

Click costs are regional, yes. That is, you pay what's competitive for the region you're advertising in, regardless of what clicks on your keywords cost in some other part of the world.

You can try using lower CPCs. However, be aware that if you bid too low, you still risk your ads having such a low ad rank that they fall out of competition--they are not allowed to compete in the ad auctions for your keywords. Google will choose to show no ads than to show ads that don't have an acceptable ad rank.

All you can really do is experiment and see what happens. You should be able to identify the lowest bid you can offer that will still allow your ads to compete. (And, of course, keyword quality score is a huge factor. The higher the quality score on your keywords, the lower you'll need to bid to be competitive.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*