2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

bid option in remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When we are trying to set up a new re-marketing campaign for display network which bid strategy is best???  

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author pavan h
September 2015

Re: bid option in remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pavan,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

There can't be an exact answer to this question as every of the bidding options available for this purpose has their own benefits. The choice varies from business to business and  campaigns to campaigns. If one is working for me at the moment, I can't be sure that it would work with the same efficiency every time and in every campaign I apply it.

To me, the most decisive factor in making choosing one bidding method is the aim of campaigns. What do you want to achieve from it? Do you need to target only cart-abandoners, frequent shoppers, general visitors? All of them? None of them?

Yes, you can have a different goal, like bringing people back to sign up for the newsletter, to engage with a blog post,  to lure them with a new discount offer, or simply brand awareness/engagement... it can be varied. 

If it is just about awareness, you can go with impressions based bidding, auto bidding or manual bidding. Similarly, if it is about bringing conversions, you can go with auto, manual with Enhanced CPC. Now when it is about optimizing conversions even more, you can go with CPA based bidding with Conversion Optimizer. 

Further, when you are sure you can work with advanced bidding methods, you can go with Flexible Bidding Strategies. 

In all, it all depends on what you aim, what's your efficiency level, what is the budget, and what is working more now and has worked in the past. It always take strategies, tweaks, experiments, and analysis to decide the most fruitful method. 

Thanks

Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author pavan h
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pavan,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

There can't be an exact answer to this question as every of the bidding options available for this purpose has their own benefits. The choice varies from business to business and  campaigns to campaigns. If one is working for me at the moment, I can't be sure that it would work with the same efficiency every time and in every campaign I apply it.

To me, the most decisive factor in making choosing one bidding method is the aim of campaigns. What do you want to achieve from it? Do you need to target only cart-abandoners, frequent shoppers, general visitors? All of them? None of them?

Yes, you can have a different goal, like bringing people back to sign up for the newsletter, to engage with a blog post,  to lure them with a new discount offer, or simply brand awareness/engagement... it can be varied. 

If it is just about awareness, you can go with impressions based bidding, auto bidding or manual bidding. Similarly, if it is about bringing conversions, you can go with auto, manual with Enhanced CPC. Now when it is about optimizing conversions even more, you can go with CPA based bidding with Conversion Optimizer. 

Further, when you are sure you can work with advanced bidding methods, you can go with Flexible Bidding Strategies. 

In all, it all depends on what you aim, what's your efficiency level, what is the budget, and what is working more now and has worked in the past. It always take strategies, tweaks, experiments, and analysis to decide the most fruitful method. 

Thanks

Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I think that this is a personal preference sort of thing with how you like to manage your accounts and how you like to manage display network. I always choose CPC manual bidding. That is my preference.

bid option in remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pavan,

To maximize conversions in a Remarketing campaign, do you recommend Flexible Bidding Strategies based on Target CPA or Manual with Enhanced CPC? Both with Conversion Optimizer Ad Rotation?

Regards,

Eric