Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

bid for mobile campaigns & bidding override

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, 2 quick questions:  

1) I've just lowered (by 30%) all the bids for mobile traffic. I did it on a campaign level. I would like to know if this affects (as I think/hope) also all the bids that are set manually on a keyword leverl

2) keyword bidding always override adgroup bidding/campaign bidding and ad group bidding always override campaign bidding?  

thanks in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: bid for mobile campaigns & bidding override

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ikofang,
Yes, you are correct. However, the keyword level mobile bid adjustment will override the main campaign level bid adjustment if you have one set.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Dave, thank you very much, so, just to make sure: 2) the answer is YES.; as for 1) it means that if my keyword-level-adjusted' Bid was 2 dollars, the lowering (by 30%) would make it (as I wish) $1.40. Correct?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Ikofang,

Yes. It will be $1.40 if you are not using any other bid adjustments along with mobile.
If you set a default Maximum cpc bids at adgroup level and no change in bid at keyword level then we can say that the adgroup max cpc bid is considered as keywords also have the same bid. Though in actual it is the keyword bid which is taken into account.
And if you set different Max CPC bid at keyword level for some specific keywords then again the bid adjustments is in accordance with max CPC bid at keyword level. So Simply keywords level bid is taken into account in anyway.

further, you can not set bid at campaign level, only the budget can be set at campaign level.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’