Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

basics on getting conversion tracking setup

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I have a couple of quick question that I need to get some clarity on, would be greatful if someone can help me out with them.

Do I need to link my analytics account and have analytics script running on a website before I can run conversion tracking?

Client already has an Adwords and analytics account, I have control over his Adwords account though his MCC, but I can't seem to link his Analytics onto the Adwords, when I follow the steps, Adwords only gives me the option of creatine a new Analytics account under my username.

What steps can I take to sort this? Should I get client to link the Adwords account to his Analytics account?

Thanks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author morecaffeine
September 2015

Re: basics on getting conversion tracking setup

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey morecaffeine

if you want to measure conversions, you can simple implement Conversion Tracking, a tool that will provide you will the conversion data directly in the account. 

If you'd like to link the AdWords and Analytics account, then you will need to link them in order to collect information from AdWords. Here is a Help Center article where you can learn more.

Best of luck,

Zee
G+

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Great, thanks for the fast reponse Zee.

I was under the impression that the conversion code was contingent on an analytics code being present on the page. So I take it conversion tracking can work with or without analytics?

Cheers.

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Yes, that's correct. You can use both tools to measure your conversions.

Zee
G+