Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

automatic placement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am trying to use automatic placements for remarketing within Display Network, but do not know how to do that.I know that automatic placements use keywords or/and topics to pick placements. The problem is that I have another ad group not configured by me which doesn't not use either keywords or topics (at least I do not see them by clicking keywords and topics) and has the status of automatic. How can it happen? Could you, please, give me a hint? Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Azar S
September 2015

Re: automatic placement

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Azar,

Remarketing is a feature that lets you reach people who have previously visited your website. to target those visitors you have to add remarketing tag to all pages of your website (if it is not added yet). but as you mentioned that you have another ad group which is using remarketing list as targeting means you already have a remarketing list.

Go to the "Shared library"> Audiences to see the lists
You can create a new list depending on whom you want to target i.e. if you want to target visitor of specific page or pages you can create a new list of visitors of those specific pages.

When you are ready with the remarketing list to add the list to your ad group
Select the ad group you want to add the remarketing list to>> Click the Display Network tab>> Click the + Targeting button>>Click the "Add targeting" drop-down menu and select Interests & remarketing

Hope this is usefull

Rahul Goel

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Glad we could help you out Azar!

Let us know if you face any other issues related to this or on any thing else.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Azar

Check the "Interest & Remarketing" option for targeting method in Display Network tab. If you have a remarketing list targeted their, then its not necessary to have keywords or topics as a targeting method.

Abhishek
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Azar,

Remarketing is a feature that lets you reach people who have previously visited your website. to target those visitors you have to add remarketing tag to all pages of your website (if it is not added yet). but as you mentioned that you have another ad group which is using remarketing list as targeting means you already have a remarketing list.

Go to the "Shared library"> Audiences to see the lists
You can create a new list depending on whom you want to target i.e. if you want to target visitor of specific page or pages you can create a new list of visitors of those specific pages.

When you are ready with the remarketing list to add the list to your ad group
Select the ad group you want to add the remarketing list to>> Click the Display Network tab>> Click the + Targeting button>>Click the "Add targeting" drop-down menu and select Interests & remarketing

Hope this is usefull

Rahul Goel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Abhishek and Rahul,

I have checked the list and it was there (no problems at all). The problem still persists. Not a single impression since I launched it. Again, the list works with other ad groups, but it doesn't with my specific ad. I have also increased the bid, but it did not help either.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Azar

Have you added that Re-marketing list to the new ad group targeting where you have created the ad. Could you please add a snapshot of the ad group showing the targeting you are using, so that we can help you more accurately.

Abhishek

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Azar,

If you want to run an remarketing campaign on Automatic placements, all you need to do is add the remarketing list to the adgroup ( very important) along with you ad copies ( image or text).

Once you have this setup, your ads are going to show up on placements that are visited by the users in your list. That is Automatic Placements in a Remarketing campaign for you.

Do let us know if this helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey guys,

Now it seems to work properly Smiley Happy I should have waited more to get the data.

Special thanks to Abhishek, Rahul, and ShashkanSing for helping me

Great job guys!
Cheers!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Glad we could help you out Azar!

Let us know if you face any other issues related to this or on any thing else.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,