Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

automatic mobile apps targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to avoid targeting mobile apps in display campaigns?

Thanks!!

D.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: automatic mobile apps targeting

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Welcome Dorvat !

I had the same dilema a few weeks ago but with the help of the nice Cotributors of this forum, i got it all cleared out.

You can setup the bid for mobile devices to -300%, this way they will appear so low down the page that you won't get any clicks.

This option is in "Settings / Desktops & laptops, mobile devices and tablets / Change mobile bid Adjustment >> / " .

Look at the second column "Bid adj. ( adjustments) " and click on the second intersecting row entitled "Mobile devices with full browsers" , there you can specify a + / - 1 to 300% for mobile .

Although if you run campaign on mobile you can also choose what type of mobile to display. For example you could choose only Iphone5, and maybe a rich client will read your advertisment.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
adrian, your answer is good for her only if she does'nt want to target mobile devices while she said she did'nt want to receive mobile apps targeting.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dovrat,

Dovrat L wrote:

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to avoid targeting mobile apps in display campaigns?

Thanks!!

D.

If I am not mistaken here, you are referring to the automatic mobile apps targeting which usually happens when you target Display Network Campaign and the targeting is set to automatic placements. Let me know if that's not the case here.

On finding that your ads are being shown on mobile apps automatically, you can exclude them. Read the below article to see how to exclude placements, categories etc...from your Display campaign: 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454012

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj