2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

auctions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

with an accelerated budget can your campaign get into more potential auctions as opposed to standard delivery?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

auctions

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Joseph,

that's right. Accelerated delivery will try to show your ads in as many auctions as possible. That may cause your budget may be depleted very soon.

Standard delivery, on the other hand, tries to spend your budget evenly throughout the day.

Tomáš

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

auctions

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Joseph,

that's right. Accelerated delivery will try to show your ads in as many auctions as possible. That may cause your budget may be depleted very soon.

Standard delivery, on the other hand, tries to spend your budget evenly throughout the day.

Tomáš

auctions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Joseph,

If have set your account on accelerated mode than you will get maximum number of impression until your budget will not burn for day. Increasing the budget will not be the sufficient action to get more potential auction. To win the auction you have to adjust you adgroup level/keyword level bidding too.

Thanks

Pankaj S.

Re: auctions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does that mean I'm missing out on searches? I'm in an emergency services business. I need to show up when a search is done any time off the day with multiple searches by different people at the same time if it so happens and not spread out or evenly distributed. So accelerated is better for me ? from my iPhone

auctions

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

You will pretty much always miss out on searches unless you have an unlimited budget.  It's nearly impossible to cover 100% of the impression share.

Re: auctions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
On standard delivery though with a couple of hundred dollars and $25-30 dollar bids in the past, I've noticed that the auctions entered into giving me the impressions that match my keywords are held back, with the premise to distribute the ads throughout the day/nite, because of limited budget based on bids, leaving me with very few impressions, giving me the assumption that there are very few searches for my keywords.

So I have increased my budget and set the delivery to accelerated hoping to be available for any and all auctions searches as quickly as possible everything being equal (keywords, bids, budget, quality score, landing page experience, relevance, etc.)

Is this the right approach to get as many searches that match my keyword as long until my budget is used up. See I'm am in an emergency response business and need to get searches whenever they come in.
Sent from my iPhone