2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

are we being ripped of.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how can i get google to be honest and ethical, i have set a 3 mile geographical limit on where i want my adds to be seen i have put in loads of negative keywords but i cant hink of ever single word in the dictionary to add. I have also set exact matches but still a great majority of my clicks infact around 80% of the clicks have been for irrelevant searches where my advert has popped up and been clicked either 250 miles away or completely irrelevant search terms just because it contained one of my keywords, Why dont they follow our parameters when we set them they are not playing fair.

This is despite us having a google account manager who was supposed to have a team working for us to set up the campaign.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: are we being ripped of.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

No, you are not being ripped off.

First, I would say that a 3-mile geographic limit is a very, very tiny area for the software to try and serve. Although location serving has improved enormously in the last few years, it's a mistake to think any company on the internet knows where everyone using the internet is physically located. However, the software generally does a good job of trying to target these searches.

Second, go to the Settings tab of the campaign and the Advanced location options. Make certain you've selected to serve ads only in your selected location/territory and that you've chosen to exclude everyone outside your selected territory.

And, third, you can view search queries by keyword, which will enable you to see which of your keywords are attracting the wider variety of searches that you don't want. You may want to consider either narrowing the match types on those keywords or pausing them entirely.

If you have more questions, please post again!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: are we being ripped of.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

No, you are not being ripped off.

First, I would say that a 3-mile geographic limit is a very, very tiny area for the software to try and serve. Although location serving has improved enormously in the last few years, it's a mistake to think any company on the internet knows where everyone using the internet is physically located. However, the software generally does a good job of trying to target these searches.

Second, go to the Settings tab of the campaign and the Advanced location options. Make certain you've selected to serve ads only in your selected location/territory and that you've chosen to exclude everyone outside your selected territory.

And, third, you can view search queries by keyword, which will enable you to see which of your keywords are attracting the wider variety of searches that you don't want. You may want to consider either narrowing the match types on those keywords or pausing them entirely.

If you have more questions, please post again!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*