AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

apps remarketing campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, if i target a campaign to "Display Network only - Mobile apps" and within the display network tab i choose targeting based on one of my retargeting lists (thpugh the campaign wasnt set as a remarketing campaign. is yhat suppose to work for me? how else can i manage a remarketing campaing targeted to apps only?remarketing to apps campaign

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ODED s
September 2015

Re: apps remarketing campaign

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi there;
We had a similar question, last week, that might be helpful for you,
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Managed-Placements-Keywords-and-topics-play-...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
ODEDs-

If you create a campaign targeting the Display Network which includes mobile apps, you will be able to use a remarketing list as one of your targeting criteria for the campaign along with mobile apps. So, if you’ve set up a campaign to display ads on the GDN and you are targeting a remarketing list, only those users who are on mobile apps and on your list will see the ads.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reply on the thread if you have further questions.

Juliana S.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

@MosheTLV - 

If you are targeting mobile apps and using remarketing via remarketing for mobile apps (Beta), ads will only be shown only on the "overlapping" group. Remarketing for mobile apps is currently in beta and is very similar to existing desktop product. 

The main differences are:

• Remarketing on mobile apps uses the hashed device ID rather than cookies to target users
  • Ads are shown in mobile apps rather than on GDN websites
  • Desktop remarketing tags can double as conversion tracking tags. This doesn’t work for mobile apps.

I hope this helps clarify. 

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi ODED s,

I'm checking on this one for you — stay tuned!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi there;
We had a similar question, last week, that might be helpful for you,
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Managed-Placements-Keywords-and-topics-play-...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
ODEDs-

If you create a campaign targeting the Display Network which includes mobile apps, you will be able to use a remarketing list as one of your targeting criteria for the campaign along with mobile apps. So, if you’ve set up a campaign to display ads on the GDN and you are targeting a remarketing list, only those users who are on mobile apps and on your list will see the ads.

I hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reply on the thread if you have further questions.

Juliana S.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@JulianaS ;

Just to make sure I got you correctly:

If targeting mobile apps and using remarketing, the ad will be shown only to the "overlapping" group.  (i.e those who are on the remarketing list AND using mobile apps.)

-Moshe

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

@MosheTLV - 

If you are targeting mobile apps and using remarketing via remarketing for mobile apps (Beta), ads will only be shown only on the "overlapping" group. Remarketing for mobile apps is currently in beta and is very similar to existing desktop product. 

The main differences are:

• Remarketing on mobile apps uses the hashed device ID rather than cookies to target users
  • Ads are shown in mobile apps rather than on GDN websites
  • Desktop remarketing tags can double as conversion tracking tags. This doesn’t work for mobile apps.

I hope this helps clarify. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@JulianaS ;

Thanks for the clarification;