3.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

animated HTML5 banner Ad and mouseover

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been making flash banner for a few years but I haven't done any html5 banner. 

I am building html banner with Adobe Animate. I set my CTA button (and movieclip button) to mouseover to change color. I'm just wondering if the button action will work on Adwords.

I understand that by default, clickable on the entire area of the banner ad so no clicktag need to be added. if entire area is clickable, my CTA button may won't work. 

or Can I make CTA button to change color when button is clicked or mouseover if I use google web designer? 

i will appreciate it for any advice. Thank you in advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: animated HTML5 banner Ad and mouseover

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Aya, do you still need help with this?

Re: animated HTML5 banner Ad and mouseover

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am having the same thing here. Will the mouseover and mouseout event change button background color? Does this work for AdWords remarketing banners?

We create ads with Google Web Designer. It would be nice if possible to add a button with changing background color on hover. Or at least to have an option to change the color when hovering on the ad anywhere.

Thanks

animated HTML5 banner Ad and mouseover

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Linards,

In Google Web Designer, you can use the image button component which you can set the image for hover, down and up.

San

Google Web Designer team