Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

analytics @gtempaccount.com login issues

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google, we currently use Google Apps (Email/Calendar/Drive etc) on our domain after migrating to google late last year from Microsoft Office 365 and associated services. 

I'm one of the 3rd level administrators for our organisation and we currently have 2 users that are unable to log into their Analytics/AdWords accounts after the migration, as they had existing accounts before we migrated our domain across. 

When they try and login to their user.name@domain.com accounts they are advised that they need to log into their user.name%domain@gtempaccount.com account with the same password they were using. Problem being is that these 2 users have tried every possible password combination without success. They've also tried the recovery options to no avail. 

As a test, I renamed one of the user's accounts in the google admin console to user.name1@domain.com and the user was able to log into Analytics (as I was expecting). Renaming their account back to user.name@domain.com led to the same error about the user.name%domain@gtempaccount.com . 

How can we get this resolved if the users are unable to remember their recovery options for these temporarily created accounts? Is there any way to clear them or associate them back to our domain.com accounts? Also interestingly enough, if you send an email to the user.name%domain@gtempaccount.com account it arrives at the user's user.name@domain.com account. If there was a way to send a recovery email back to their primary email this would likely resolve the login issue. 

(I have intentionally left our domain and user details as generic for privacy reasons). 

I've searched this forum for other solutions regarding an @gtempaccount.com issue but haven't found anything that has helped. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Kind Regards

Michael

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: analytics @gtempaccount.com login issues

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Micheal,

Please ask the same question at analytics forum. This is adwords community and you will get best answer at Analytics forums. http://productforums.google.com/d/forum/analytics

Re: analytics @gtempaccount.com login issues

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Ohhhh....

First; Have you turned on Analytics on the core Apps services in the Admin console?

I lost track of the sequence of  emails you have tested, but the issue could be that that "at the back" the system, considers the users  as new users (because of the change of platforms). In this case, someone who is still on the old platform, with administrator privileges in Analytics, has  to log into the Analytics account, unlink the users  and then invite them again.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’