Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

"Multiple change" on Editor does not respond

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning!

I have just started to use Adwords Editor and I am facing an issue with the "Multiple changes" element. It will be great if someone can help me please.

I can click on all the buttons on Editor except "Multiple changes" (the button is not clickable). Moreover, I can copy keywords but I cannot paste several of them.

Is there anything that I should do to make it work?

Many thanks,

Rodolphe

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rodolphe M
September 2015

Re: "Multiple change" on Editor does not respond

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Do you have a review bar at the top of the window - one with color legend and either one button titled Done, or two buttons Keep and Reject? If so, you need to complete the review first, then Make Multiple Changes button will become enabled.

When you perform Get Recent Changes, Editor highlights, for your review, the changes that have been made on the server since last sync. Once you have reviewed those changes, click Done in the review bar to clear the highlights.

When you Import or Make Multiple Changes, Editor creates and highlights proposed changes from imported data. You can review them for accuracy, and then either Keep the proposals (which then become local edits, ready to post) or Reject them all (you can also reject proposals on individual rows).

Certain functions are disabled while in a review mode. In particular, Import and Make Multiple Changes are disabled while in review mode (whether reviewing server changes or reviewing proposals). Most network operations (such as Get Recent Changes or Post) are disabled while in Review Proposals mode.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rodolphe, 

Welcome to AdWords Community.

'Make Multiple Changes' button can have different applications in the interface. You can read more about it here https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/71857?hl=en

For Keywords, it would be clickable once you select keywords. Here's more about it https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/56501?hl=en

If you still have questions, do not hesitate to ask here. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rodolphe M
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Do you have a review bar at the top of the window - one with color legend and either one button titled Done, or two buttons Keep and Reject? If so, you need to complete the review first, then Make Multiple Changes button will become enabled.

When you perform Get Recent Changes, Editor highlights, for your review, the changes that have been made on the server since last sync. Once you have reviewed those changes, click Done in the review bar to clear the highlights.

When you Import or Make Multiple Changes, Editor creates and highlights proposed changes from imported data. You can review them for accuracy, and then either Keep the proposals (which then become local edits, ready to post) or Reject them all (you can also reject proposals on individual rows).

Certain functions are disabled while in a review mode. In particular, Import and Make Multiple Changes are disabled while in review mode (whether reviewing server changes or reviewing proposals). Most network operations (such as Get Recent Changes or Post) are disabled while in Review Proposals mode.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
What do you mean by "cannot paste"? Where are you pasting them, and exactly what happens when you try?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Many thanks!!!!! You were tight, I clicked on "Done" and I am now able to make "Multiple changes".

Many thanks for your help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Many thanks Ratan, I had just to click on "Done" on the changes to be able to use it!

Thanks for your help,

Rodolphe