AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

already has access to an AdWords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I accepted an Invitation to Share an AdWords Account, but when I try to log in in Adwords, I got the message "This email address already has access to an AdWords account and cannot be reused.", That is really wired, because obviously, I already have access to an account: the one that i am trying to log in! can someone help me, please?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Plantasol A
September 2015

Re: already has access to an AdWords account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Plantasol A,

You can only use a single email address for one account and no more. You will not be able to use your current email address to access a different account.

If you do not already have an account, you selected the wrong option when you went to the page to accept the invitation (It's not your fault, the page is confusing). Counter-intuitively, you need to select "I already have an account" in order to accept the invitation. If you had selected "I do not have an account", a new account was created with that email address. You'll need to remove that before you can try again. I've posted several times in this forum, as have others, how to accomplish this.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Plantasol,

As Petebardo said you can only use a single email address for one account. And cannot get access to someone else account. If you are an agency and looking to get access to your client Adwords account than you should create an MMC account first using an unique email on which you don’t have any adwords account. You can sign up for this here http://www.google.com/adwords/myclientcenter/

Once its setup then you can easily manage multiple clients accounts through an MMC.
Read more about managing MMC account here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399?hl=en-GB

Hope that helps,

Nouman

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Plantasol A,

You can only use a single email address for one account and no more. You will not be able to use your current email address to access a different account.

If you do not already have an account, you selected the wrong option when you went to the page to accept the invitation (It's not your fault, the page is confusing). Counter-intuitively, you need to select "I already have an account" in order to accept the invitation. If you had selected "I do not have an account", a new account was created with that email address. You'll need to remove that before you can try again. I've posted several times in this forum, as have others, how to accomplish this.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Plantasol,

As Petebardo said you can only use a single email address for one account. And cannot get access to someone else account. If you are an agency and looking to get access to your client Adwords account than you should create an MMC account first using an unique email on which you don’t have any adwords account. You can sign up for this here http://www.google.com/adwords/myclientcenter/

Once its setup then you can easily manage multiple clients accounts through an MMC.
Read more about managing MMC account here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704399?hl=en-GB

Hope that helps,

Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for your help, though the real problem was that my partner didn't "reaccepted" (for second time) the confirmation of her invitation. now everything is fine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hello sir/madam. please help me to survive from this threat, This email address already has access to an AdWords account and cannot be reused.