AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

after i set up my account, how do i know what i did is what i need?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: after i set up my account, how do i know what i did is what i need?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi tomcook

Welcome to the community.

After setting up your account, you would know what you did is what you need if you see what you are getting is what you needed.

Regards

Azad

Re: after i set up my account, how do i know what i did is what i need?

[ Edited ]
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 3
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Tomcook, 

There's a lot to adwords and when you're starting off it can be tough to know if what you've done is the right thing. Some tips to measure success:

• Are your keywords nice and specific? If I typed them in could I only be looking for the service/ product you are supplying. In general effective keywords will get a 1% CTR so if a keyord isn't achieveing that it might need adjusting.
  • Do you have negative keywords added?
  • Does the ad text sell your service or product? Does it make sense and does it tell the customer what they can do e.g. order online etc
  • Is your average position (avg. pos) "above the fold" i.e. could I see your ad without having to scroll down the page. Look for an average position above 5 or 6. If not you'll need to bid higher or work on your quality score. 
  • Are your settings targeting the right location and the right language? If you don't delvier to a full country, don't target a full country. If your website is only in english don't target all languages. 

These are just a few basic tips but they are a good place to start. Any questions you have about a specific aspect of your account can be answered here on the community and of course you can call us and get support from us too. 

Ita