Re: after i set up my account, how do i know what i did is what i need?
Re: after i set up my account, how do i know what i did is what i need?[ Edited ]
January 2013 - last edited January 2013
There's a lot to adwords and when you're starting off it can be tough to know if what you've done is the right thing. Some tips to measure success:
- Are your keywords nice and specific? If I typed them in could I only be looking for the service/ product you are supplying. In general effective keywords will get a 1% CTR so if a keyord isn't achieveing that it might need adjusting.
- Do you have negative keywords added?
- Does the ad text sell your service or product? Does it make sense and does it tell the customer what they can do e.g. order online etc
- Is your average position (avg. pos) "above the fold" i.e. could I see your ad without having to scroll down the page. Look for an average position above 5 or 6. If not you'll need to bid higher or work on your quality score.
- Are your settings targeting the right location and the right language? If you don't delvier to a full country, don't target a full country. If your website is only in english don't target all languages.
These are just a few basic tips but they are a good place to start. Any questions you have about a specific aspect of your account can be answered here on the community and of course you can call us and get support from us too.