2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

affiliate program with google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I am dong an affiliate program. I am not using a website and am advertising all through google adwords. I don't know which link to use however. When I put the link given to me through the amazon associates it says its invalid. I want it to track me so I can earn a commission. What should I do?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: affiliate program with google adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Austin
Everything you need to know is here - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/14844?hl=en

For the record, you're not going to be able to do this for long. Google doesn't like you using AdWords to insert yourself into the buying cycle to arbitrage a commission. There's a reason nobody else is doing it. It's not that you were the first to think of it Smiley Happy

I'd STRONGLY caution you against using AdWords to try and earn affiliate commissions.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I may be wrong but from a fuzzy memory, Amazon Assoc. program stopped paying out referral fees to Associates using Adwords, Bing PPC, etc back in 2009
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Austin
Everything you need to know is here - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/14844?hl=en

For the record, you're not going to be able to do this for long. Google doesn't like you using AdWords to insert yourself into the buying cycle to arbitrage a commission. There's a reason nobody else is doing it. It's not that you were the first to think of it Smiley Happy

I'd STRONGLY caution you against using AdWords to try and earn affiliate commissions.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I may be wrong but from a fuzzy memory, Amazon Assoc. program stopped paying out referral fees to Associates using Adwords, Bing PPC, etc back in 2009
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here