AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

adwords voucher for already open account (but never funded any campaigns yet)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I picked up a client from a freelancing website, he's never used adwords before, but has had his account open for quite some time now. I can buy a magazine which has a £50 adwords voucher to sweeten him up a bit to leave me a glowing review. But I want to know if the adwords voucher will be valid for his account? (magazine is £8).

Also it's a UK magazine with GBP£ voucher, and his account is in USD. How much money will he get in his account with a £50 voucher? Will it be converted to the equivalent USD or just get $50. Or will he be prevented from loading a UK voucher in a US account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author morecaffeine
September 2015

Re: adwords voucher for already open account (but never funded any campaigns yet)

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey morecaffeine,

Most (but not all) AdWords coupons out there are for new accounts only (new = opened in the last 14 days).

You need to see the specific terms and conditions in order to know....

Good Luck,

Asaf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author morecaffeine
September 2015

Re: adwords voucher for already open account (but never funded any campaigns yet)

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey morecaffeine,

Most (but not all) AdWords coupons out there are for new accounts only (new = opened in the last 14 days).

You need to see the specific terms and conditions in order to know....

Good Luck,

Asaf

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

cool thanks, I'll ask my client when his adwords account was opened.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

If you sign up for Google Engage you can get a set of vouchers for free.

(in the Netherlands vouchers are distributed in lots of free business magazines, i do recieve at least 10 of such vouchers per month)

P.S. If your client did do notting with the account ( espescially no billing information submitted)  you could create a new account for him. (this is something the phone-helpdesk actually adviced in the past, perhaps you could talk to you local help desk too? https://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=1385067  )

PPS Still seems strang to me that the "opening (exploring)  of an account",  instead of "activating  an account" is taken as the sole measurement for being able to redeem the vouchers....