Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

adwords express help seo?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have a few AdWords Express ads running off and on for the past week (off right now) and am wondering if my SEO benefits from people clicking through to my site from the ads? I know "popularity" seems to be a factor in ranking, but uncertain if clicks via PPC campaign contributes to "popularity"

I asked over in the Webmaster Tools, Indexing and Ranking forum, but was encouraged to see what y'all think.

Ideas?

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan A
September 2015

Re: adwords express help seo?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
There is NO direct SEO benefit from running Adwords.

There are indirect potential SEO benefits from running AdWords.

The indirect benefits could include brand awareness in which other websites my link or reference your domain, which could provide an SEO Ranking boost.

Indirect factors could also include Reviews, more social signals and mentions, and any branding type behavior which could eventually improve Organic Traffic ( Organic Rankings/ SEO?), but these don't happen over night or in a 2-3 month time period normally and should not be a reason just to continue an unprofitable environment.

As far as CTR's, Bounce rates or any of the Analytics for a domain of so called SEO factors, those are so negligible and .000001 ish type factors it doesn't matter.

At the end of the Day, can a larger budget campaign lead to more organic searches to your Domain. Yes it could. Is it because of SEO factors, Not directly.

Like any branding or increase in advertisement marketing there are the outlining factors that can come into play down the road, Referrals, word of mouth, mentions, reviews etc that can either be tied directly or indirectly to your Full Marketing Plan and can come from organic searches, click though mentions, links, direct traffic etc.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

If you are running a huge campaign (in terms of budget) with adwords it may increase your brand awareness it will leads to a slight increase in Direct Traffic, but it does not affect your organic rankings.

And also if you are top in organic and paid ads for same keywords it will increase your overall CTR, this may affect your organic listing.

As per my knowledge there is no much significant difference in your organic result while using Google ads.

Let’s wait for more suggestions from other community members.

Thanks,
Aravindhu.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan A
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
There is NO direct SEO benefit from running Adwords.

There are indirect potential SEO benefits from running AdWords.

The indirect benefits could include brand awareness in which other websites my link or reference your domain, which could provide an SEO Ranking boost.

Indirect factors could also include Reviews, more social signals and mentions, and any branding type behavior which could eventually improve Organic Traffic ( Organic Rankings/ SEO?), but these don't happen over night or in a 2-3 month time period normally and should not be a reason just to continue an unprofitable environment.

As far as CTR's, Bounce rates or any of the Analytics for a domain of so called SEO factors, those are so negligible and .000001 ish type factors it doesn't matter.

At the end of the Day, can a larger budget campaign lead to more organic searches to your Domain. Yes it could. Is it because of SEO factors, Not directly.

Like any branding or increase in advertisement marketing there are the outlining factors that can come into play down the road, Referrals, word of mouth, mentions, reviews etc that can either be tied directly or indirectly to your Full Marketing Plan and can come from organic searches, click though mentions, links, direct traffic etc.

Hope that helps