Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

adwords editor - Switching user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone, 

Really basic question, is it possible to switch users on adwords editor. I have two accounts with different login details etc, can i get them both in editor?

thanks

Jonny

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adwords editor - Switching user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jonny

The answer is yes. You just need to add both the accounts in your AdWords Editor.

1. Select File > Open account.
2. Click Add account.
3. Enter the account email address or customer ID and password, then click Next.

Thanks,
Rahul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tried that, unfortunately is says the details are incorrect, they are not as they work fine in adwords.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jonny

Did you checked whether the password is correct??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes, as i stated it works fine with adwords. I thought it could have been down to having 2 step verification turned on, but even turning this off doesn't help.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Johhny,

Have you ever logged into this account before through AdWords editor? Sometimes before we bring a client on, I download their account to review it and then later when they are a client, if I try to login through the MCC login that I usually use, it doesn't recognize the credentials so I have to add it again as a new account.

This is another silly question but are you using your full email address when you login? Your username alone would be enough to login to the interface but with the editor you need to use your full email address.

Hope this helps!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jonny,

I think as Amy said you might want to check whether you added complete email address like name@gmail.com or not.

Regarding 2-step verification, yes they sometime create issues but turning it off should work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy,

Thanks for your response, yes this is the problem i am facing with my mcc. I tried adding a new account, but as i say its doesn't like the login details. A number of my colleagues have tried as well and getting the same response.

As i said the logins work fine with adwords so I know the details are being in putted correctly.

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
For certain complicated technical reasons, Editor doesn't support two logins for the same account via two different MCC logins, or where one is MCC and the other direct. It only supports multiple direct (non-MCC) logins.

The only way to switch from direct to MCC access (or vice versa, or one MCC to another) is to delete the account and re-add under a different login. Make sure to post or archive all unposted changes first.

Re: 2-step authentication. You don't need to disable it, but if you have it, you do need to create a so-called app password and use that in Editor (you can have Editor save it):

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833