AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

adwords campaign test

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I just started a new Google Adwords campaign but I haven't had a single ad show up in any search results. Can you please help me find out what the problem is? If I can identify a single keyword that can show me that it works I'll be happy to start from there to try and refine the campaign but I'd just like to see a single keyword show my ad once. Can you help me with that?

Regards,

Alwyn van Heerden

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adwords campaign test

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alwyn,

First, please edit your post and remove your customer id. No one here needs it and is poses a security risk to your account.

Ok, don't look for your ad with a live Google search, use the Ad preview and diagnostic tool instead. There are a number of reasons for this. One of the advantages of the tool is it will tell you which keyword triggered the impression.

If you just started your new campaign, it takes a little while for the campaign to be approved. It can run on a limited basis before it is approved, but only on Google search..

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: adwords campaign test

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pete. I'll be a bit more patient then I guess. So far the diagnostic tool does not show any of the ads, that was part of my frustration and the ad was active. But maybe I should be patient then in case it's still being reviewed.