AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

adwords and google shop for a startup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone

My startup provides a monthly subscription service for feminine hygiene products.  OK, not a sexy subject and definitely in the low-interest category and that is my challenge.  What would your advice be to get more visibility that the product category allows.  Is it advisable to straddle other categories that are attributes of the our service: organic, sustainable, and maybe the giving back element?  A portion of every subs goes to support women and girls in need.

I am a complete novice at this so please don't worry about explaining what seems very basic - it won't be to me.

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hello @Afsaneh P

I have been managing campaigns for a start-up which was offering a monthly subscription service for a male audience.

We didn't have much success with Google Search campaigns getting cheaper leads from Google Display Network campaigns including remarketing and email marketing.  

We have been using discounts to get people subscribed for first 2 month. 

Check this articles to get more insights about display network campaigns: 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580399?hl=en

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Key-success-factors-on-the-Google-Display-Network...

Feel free to ask questions if you would have any. 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I would also recommend that you get your remarketing audiences set up as soon as possible. Yours are products which are, literally, cyclical - thus you are likely to get good results if you create time based windows to try and attract repeat visits within one of these windows.

Let me explain...someone visits your site as a result of targeted advertising. They land on two lists - one has a 30 day duration, the other a 25 day duration.

You can then build a combination list that includes all of the first list and none of the second list - which means that they will be "eligible" to see your ads 25 days after their initial visit and then stop seeing your ads 30 days after their initial visit....

You can probably afford to hit them quite hard with your remarketing campaign during that window.