AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ads with different keywords and different campaign are conflicting?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone, Hope everybody is doing well.

I do have 2 different campaigns with different keywords. But most of the keyword contains same phrase. Say for example, I have keywords overflow call centres and overflow contact centres in different campaign same as inbound call centre and inbound contact centre just like these 4 my almost all keywords are same, just difference is the word call and contact. 

For my keyword overflow call centres and overflow contact centres why same ad is showing all the time.?? 

This is happening to my ads even separating the keywords in different campaigns rather to keep in single campaign within two adgroups.

Ads from 1 campaign is triggering from other campaign. I was known and experienced this issue when i was have a single campaign with two ad groups. But now I have different campaigns for different keywords.

Kindly help me to sort this question.

Thanking you in advance

Regards

Saday Kumar

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Saday K
September 2015

Re: ads with different keywords and different campaign are conflicting

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Saday, 

Welcome to the AdWords Community.

The reason you see the same ad appear on Google.com when you type overflow call centres and overflow contact centres is because the keywords are in broad match. So when you type either Call or Contact, the same ad from the first campaign is getting triggered.

Let me explain If you have a campaign 'overflow call centres' with keyword overflow call centres in Broad Match.  Now when the user types the Search Term 'overflow Contact centres', this Search Term Broadly matches to the Keyword overflow call centres from the Campaign 'overflow call centres' and so the ads from that campaign is getting Triggered. 

Please read the keyword Match Types and you will understand as to why this is happening.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Hope this Helps.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Saday K,

This is not surprising at all as this is the nature of Broad match. You have a number of options, such as changing match types to phrase/exact and a modifier to your broad match or adding the 'root' keyword as negatives in the other ad groups.

The easieat and simplest solution would be to add a + to the beginning of each root keyword. for example overflow +call centres and overflow +contact centres.

Learn more about match types here:

The other option is to add the root keywords as negatives to the other ad groups, so add contact to the call ad group as a negative and vice versa.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Saday, 

Welcome to the AdWords Community.

The reason you see the same ad appear on Google.com when you type overflow call centres and overflow contact centres is because the keywords are in broad match. So when you type either Call or Contact, the same ad from the first campaign is getting triggered.

Let me explain If you have a campaign 'overflow call centres' with keyword overflow call centres in Broad Match.  Now when the user types the Search Term 'overflow Contact centres', this Search Term Broadly matches to the Keyword overflow call centres from the Campaign 'overflow call centres' and so the ads from that campaign is getting Triggered. 

Please read the keyword Match Types and you will understand as to why this is happening.

Hope this Helps.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Saday K,

This is not surprising at all as this is the nature of Broad match. You have a number of options, such as changing match types to phrase/exact and a modifier to your broad match or adding the 'root' keyword as negatives in the other ad groups.

The easieat and simplest solution would be to add a + to the beginning of each root keyword. for example overflow +call centres and overflow +contact centres.

Learn more about match types here:

The other option is to add the root keywords as negatives to the other ad groups, so add contact to the call ad group as a negative and vice versa.

Hope this helps

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Saday,

One quick step you can do to avoid this is to add keywords of that campaign as negative keywords. or if you are using broad match keywords change broad match to phrase match or exact match keywords. This will help you to avoid showing ads from other campaigns. You can do same thing at adgroup level also no need of creating different campaigns.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello Saday,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Call and Contact are semantically the same terms. And when you have broad match in place, both the keywords will trigger the ad with higher Ad Rank. 

However, if you do not want it to happen on your existing campaign structure, go for exact match

To me, I won't keep these two keywords in separate groups/campaigns. It's like competing to self. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Ratan J. You are right that call and contact are semantically the same terms but i have to show different ads for different terms. Although I had tried to keep these keywords in same group but didn't get as such benefits.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply... I will apply this option given by you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, I got my answer.. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply @Clynton, I will definitely apply what you have suggested.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
We are happy, we could help you Saday.

All the best.

Thanks
Ratan

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.