AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ads not in display builder but are on Google network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've come across a few websites that are clearly running ads on the Google network, but their placements don't show up in the display ad builder.

One example is wwd.com, where the header ad is sourced from https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/simgad/14499645856259008299

but I can't find this site in the display placements tool.

Maybe I have to be a doubleclick advertiser?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ads not in display builder but are on Google network

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Tom E,

Googlesyndication.com = the site from where the adsense scripts are loading

I have seen many sites appearing as "anonymous" in the Display Planner, even high traffic sites. So you could try adding that site as a managed placement and monitor it for a few days to see if it has impressions.

Another solution is to email their webmaster to ask what kind of advertising they allow on the site.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Tom,

If the Adsense publishers don't want to highlight their domain names, then those domains came under the category of Anonymous when you try to find the data from your Display Network Tab.

In order to find out whether these anonymous placements are of any use for you or not, one of our fellow TC Calin has written an informative article on his blog. You might consider reading it once for more insights:

http://www.adwiserhq.com/blog/anonymous-adwords-placements/

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Apparently that is obsolete information, the blog post has been updated 

"Update: as of June 2013, Google Analytics no longer “de-anonymizes ” URLs reported as anonymous by Google AdWords (see the comments below). It was fun while it lasted, though."