2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ads are only showing up in mobile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just set up my ad campaign and my ads are only showing up in mobile.  When i check the keyword in the preview tool - desktop and laptop - i get this message but it shows fine for Mobile.  Please help!

Your ad is not showing for the keyword [money channel] 

• Your ad isn't being shown for this keyword because there may be other ads within your account that are ranked higher and have similar keywords.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ads are only showing up in mobile

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to Adwords Community.

As you said your ads appear on mobile and not on the Desktop, I want to ask you a few questions -

1. Whats your Mobile Bid %age?

2. Does your Max CPC show below the first page bid?

Now as you quoted

Spoiler

Your ad is not showing for the keyword [money channel] 

• Your ad isn't being shown for this keyword because there may be other ads within your account that are ranked higher and have similar keywords.

It might be because you might be running some other keywords which might consist the words money channel in them.

I will suggest you to follow a strategy for bidding on keywords -

Bid High to Low by - Exact> +Broads > Phrase > Broads

Also you can add [money channel] as a negative to other adgroups.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Chetan

Re: ads are only showing up in mobile

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hey Anthony, how are things?

Actually this is easier than what may seem.

You see, this message doesn't mean that your ads are not running AT ALL for Desktop and Tablets . It just mean that your ads are not showing for that specific keyword [money channel], because you probably have similar keywords to that one in your account that have better Quality and Relevancy, so Adwords is triggering that/those other keyword(s) ads instead of the ad for [money channel].

Your ads are running for Desktop & Tablet.

If you go to your "Keywords" tab inside Adwords, you can find the keyword [money channel] and hover your mouse over the chat icon that appears on the "Status" Column. This place usually show the exactly keyword that is being shown over the being analysed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click