3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ads are not showing

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have one search campaign in my adwords account. the budget is 500 per day, I think it is enough. I have 10 ad groups which are bid for conversion. So I set the group bid average $45. my avg position is 2.7, avg cpc 2.5. the click is 122 per day. I searched the google, my ads are not showing. How can I fix this issue?

Thank you.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ellen Z
November 2015

Re: ads are not showing

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ellen, The actual queries for +custom shirts and +custom +shirts may be very different so I do suggest keeping both in the beginning . Once they have run for a while you can locate "Search Queries" and choose the ones with the best performance.

Possible key-phrases for +custom +shirts (the more targeted one)
custom shirts, custom designer shirts, custom mens shirts, custom shirts for men

Possible key-phrases for +custom shirts (the more broad one)
custom tops, custom dress shirts, custom t-shirts, custom flowered shirt

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
First I would suggest you to use Ad Preview tool to check the live ads.

Al;so go to the keywords tab and mouse over the bubble button of the corresponding keywords, It will give you the exact issues.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
how can I find corresponding keywords? Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Pls refer the snapshot

Bubble button.PNG

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks.

If this keyword is triggering other ads with a similar keyword. What should I do? like +custom shirts, +custom +shirts, should I keep both of them?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ellen Z
November 2015

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ellen, The actual queries for +custom shirts and +custom +shirts may be very different so I do suggest keeping both in the beginning . Once they have run for a while you can locate "Search Queries" and choose the ones with the best performance.

Possible key-phrases for +custom +shirts (the more targeted one)
custom shirts, custom designer shirts, custom mens shirts, custom shirts for men

Possible key-phrases for +custom shirts (the more broad one)
custom tops, custom dress shirts, custom t-shirts, custom flowered shirt

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi Ellen,

You should use the different match type of keywords in different adgroups and then using negatives for corresponding adgroups to prevent them from any such conflict.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thanks!I got it.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi Ellen Z,

I'm just going to give you a different point of view.

Using broad match like "+custom shirts" could trigger for just about any search query that includes the word "custom". That could be custom motorcycle gas tanks, custom homes, etc. I think you get the point. If you choose to stick with this keyword, run search terms reports frequently on the keyword(s) and add negative keywords as appropriate to reduce the number of irrelevant clicks.

You can separate by match type, a lot of advertisers do that. The drawback is you'll need to enter many more negative keywords for the more restrictive match types in the less restrictive match type groups. For example, you would need to add phrase and exact match negatives to the broad match group, and negative exact negatives to the phrase match group. You don't necessarily need to do that if you organize AdGroups by themes. One caveat, Google expects you to bid higher on the more restrictive match types, which will mean a higher ad rank for those keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords