AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

adpreview is only showing Campaign#1. How do I see other ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

adpreview is only showing Campaign#1. How do I see other ads?

I do not see other options to select other Campaigns.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adpreview is only showing Campaign#1. How do I see other ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ferdi a.
The ad preview tool shows what ads are displayed for a given keyword search.

You pair your keywords with ads. So when you do a search for a keyword, it will display one of the ads that it is paired with. This is a fundamental part of how Google AdWords works. I would HIGHLY recommend that you begin with the help material here - https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3374694?hl=en&ref_topic=3119071

If you don't understand AdWords fundamentals, you WILL lose money. I know it's exciting and I know that you want to get started immediately but trust me, you'll enjoy it more and lose less hair if you have a solid foundation without spending your first $100 in the space of 3 seconds!

You should then have a read of this -
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375470?hl=en

Then a watch of this.

I hate seeing advertisers giving up or thinking AdWords is not right for them just because they approached it all wrong. Please don't be one of them.

Re: adpreview is only showing Campaign#1. How do I see other ads?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi ferdi a,

Sounds to me like you have similar keywords in more than one campaign with the same or similar geo-targeting. If that's what you have done, AdWords doesn't really work that way.

When you type in a search query in the ad preview tool, it shows the ad that was triggered by that keyword. The system looks at all your active campaigns and picks the keyword with the highest ad rank. It then selects an ad from the same ad group according to the rotation settings for the campaign.

If you have recently created a campaign #2, with different keywords and/or geo-targetting, it may not have yet been approved. Check the status of your campaign, ad groups and ads to see if they have been approved. If the campaign say "eligible" that means your ad may show on Google, but not on partner sites.

Hope this helps.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords