AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

adding the contact number in call extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to add my phone number in my adwords add but it won't let me.  How do I do it.  There was mention about adding something in the call extensions but I can't find that.  Can someone tell me how to find the call extention and then what to do to get my phone number in my add. Also I live in Canada so that's why it said I can't put my phone number in the add or something like that.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: adding the contact number in call extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Eddy, phone numbers are no longer supported directly in Ad Copy so yes, you have to use a Call Extension.

Log into your AdWords Account, choose the relevant Campaign then click on "Ad Extensions" in the tabs in the main window.  Then click on the drop-down beneath this line of buttons that begins with "View:" and choose "Call Extensions".  This is where you need to be.

There's a bunch of options for Call Extensions so it's best you read through the help files here.

Honestly, I don't think it's anything to do with living in Canada Smiley Happy

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: adding the contact number in call extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Eddy, phone numbers are no longer supported directly in Ad Copy so yes, you have to use a Call Extension.

Log into your AdWords Account, choose the relevant Campaign then click on "Ad Extensions" in the tabs in the main window.  Then click on the drop-down beneath this line of buttons that begins with "View:" and choose "Call Extensions".  This is where you need to be.

There's a bunch of options for Call Extensions so it's best you read through the help files here.

Honestly, I don't think it's anything to do with living in Canada Smiley Happy

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits