2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

adding the contact number in call extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to add my phone number in my adwords add but it won't let me.  How do I do it.  There was mention about adding something in the call extensions but I can't find that.  Can someone tell me how to find the call extention and then what to do to get my phone number in my add. Also I live in Canada so that's why it said I can't put my phone number in the add or something like that.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: adding the contact number in call extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Eddy, phone numbers are no longer supported directly in Ad Copy so yes, you have to use a Call Extension.

Log into your AdWords Account, choose the relevant Campaign then click on "Ad Extensions" in the tabs in the main window.  Then click on the drop-down beneath this line of buttons that begins with "View:" and choose "Call Extensions".  This is where you need to be.

There's a bunch of options for Call Extensions so it's best you read through the help files here.

Honestly, I don't think it's anything to do with living in Canada Smiley Happy

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: adding the contact number in call extensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Eddy, phone numbers are no longer supported directly in Ad Copy so yes, you have to use a Call Extension.

Log into your AdWords Account, choose the relevant Campaign then click on "Ad Extensions" in the tabs in the main window.  Then click on the drop-down beneath this line of buttons that begins with "View:" and choose "Call Extensions".  This is where you need to be.

There's a bunch of options for Call Extensions so it's best you read through the help files here.

Honestly, I don't think it's anything to do with living in Canada Smiley Happy

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits