AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ad was disproved because it has violated Google's site policy. Genuine help needed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody,

I am new to AdWords, but I have used other PPC platforms before. My ad was disapoved, because it has violated Google's site policy. My website is http://www.weighttrainingforfatloss.com and I genuinely tried to do everything right. I completely restructured my website design so it would appear similar to other websites that are using AdWords for a long period of time (e.g. http://www.academyforgrowth.co.uk/

Please can someone give me some tips and advice on what should I improve upon?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Policy: Privacy policy + linking to clickbank

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@rdomarkas;

Do not add any new ads until you comply with the Policy. Ads are submitted for approval. Your account may be suspended if destination URL does not comply with the Policy. First work on site content, and only then on your ad-copy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: ad was disproved because it has violated Google's site policy. Genuine help needed

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi rdomarkas,

Google does not allow sites that are framing or copying other sites content and looks.

What you did is exactly against policy: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1308145&topic=131086...

If this link does not work for you search in the adwords help for: 

Mirroring and framing (Copying websites)

Although the policy talks about copying content in the first place I think you may have fallen into this policy violation.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello rdomarkas, welcome to our community;

Most WordPress sites have about the same web designs. As long as the content is different, I don't think that you are violating the Policy in that sense.

• However; in various places you are asking for private information. You are lacking privacy policy, while asking for private information.
  • The other issue is, that you are linking to clickbank - This is a violation of the Policy (Google does not allow affiliation to clickbank due to a violation of AdWords content Policy.)

A side comment: I did read a few of your articles, to check whether they include claims about "unrealistic diet". Advertising "unrealistic diets" does NOT follow AdWords policy. In another discussion on our community, I did the math on a diet program that does not seem to follow this section of the Policy).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your advice. Gonna start making changes Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@rdomarkas;

Do not add any new ads until you comply with the Policy. Ads are submitted for approval. Your account may be suspended if destination URL does not comply with the Policy. First work on site content, and only then on your ad-copy.

Re: ad was disproved because it has violated Google's site policy. Genuine help needed

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yo!

I suggest getting rid of the video as it automatically plays when you enter the site, and this is perhaps a reason for the site to be against the policies.

Google doesn't like automated things to happen when a searcher clicks on an ad - that includes videos, redirects, audio and lots of scripts, etc. So try removing the video, request more information from Google and sit tight until you get the explanation you want - then you'll be able to avoid problems in future.

Ali