AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ad sizes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I designed ads for each size and they reduced fine when i saved them as png except for three sizes billboard, netboard and half page. i cannot get them under the 150kb max and i have tried everything. i even tested those sizes with just WHITE and they didnt reduce down. HELP!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ad sizes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If you are using photoshop you can use the commend, save for web and devices and pay with the quality level - the file size is shown bottom left - try the gif format- that is generally the lowest file size.... and play with reducing the colors for this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for writing … but i did this and it says it has been reduced as a GIF to like 54K and i save it and open it in photoshop to check the size and its still 236K. as a matter of fact, just a blank white gif file at 970x250 pixels wont get smaller than 236k as far as i have tried. i will pull my hair out soon. and i will look really really bad bald. help!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Check again... when I ran this test file the size as a jpg was 33k - are you sure that the size you are seeing is not in bytes rather than kilobytes?

Also -what you see as the file size in photoshop is basically the files full size if saved as a tif file - try using your "get info" command to see the size of the file you have saved - and if htis is under 150kb it should be good to go.

Also - try importing it into adwords - see if you still get the error messageScreen Shot 2014-04-07 at 07.31.46.png

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Try also this tool which worked for me for such big banner sizes . 

http://pixlr.com/editor/

Save as jpeg and choose the quality of compression , the default is 80% but you can also test 70%.