3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ad sizes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I designed ads for each size and they reduced fine when i saved them as png except for three sizes billboard, netboard and half page. i cannot get them under the 150kb max and i have tried everything. i even tested those sizes with just WHITE and they didnt reduce down. HELP!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ad sizes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If you are using photoshop you can use the commend, save for web and devices and pay with the quality level - the file size is shown bottom left - try the gif format- that is generally the lowest file size.... and play with reducing the colors for this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for writing … but i did this and it says it has been reduced as a GIF to like 54K and i save it and open it in photoshop to check the size and its still 236K. as a matter of fact, just a blank white gif file at 970x250 pixels wont get smaller than 236k as far as i have tried. i will pull my hair out soon. and i will look really really bad bald. help!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Check again... when I ran this test file the size as a jpg was 33k - are you sure that the size you are seeing is not in bytes rather than kilobytes?

Also -what you see as the file size in photoshop is basically the files full size if saved as a tif file - try using your "get info" command to see the size of the file you have saved - and if htis is under 150kb it should be good to go.

Also - try importing it into adwords - see if you still get the error messageScreen Shot 2014-04-07 at 07.31.46.png

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Try also this tool which worked for me for such big banner sizes . 

http://pixlr.com/editor/

Save as jpeg and choose the quality of compression , the default is 80% but you can also test 70%.