1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ad preview and diagnosis does not show phone number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have my serch network Ads set for phone number extentions with call forwarding, but when I check the ad preview in tools, it only shows the ad, but no ad extentions?

I can se my competiors ads too, and theirs extetions are not showing also?

Is this normal?

Thanks for the help guys.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ad preview and diagnosis does not show phone number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello. I don't know if it's normal, as I personally hate it too and would love it if the powers that be could make them show as well, but that's how the Ad Preview Tool currently works.

I hate it when I cannot see sitelinks, or even worse, product listing ads.

So if you can find any comfort in that, you're not alone, William Smiley Happy.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I answered my own question. I needed to select mobile view. I had it set for desktop view.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Oops, so for this type of extension it works? That's good to know, sorry for misleading you initially.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Regarding message 2, if PLA cannot be previewed, why is this answer here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/How-to-preview-product-listing-ads-in-google-adwo...

I can also see in the preview the location extensions and phone extensions, even on desktop.

Sitelinks... not so much.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I can't see sitelinks, seller ratings PLAs, search extensions and so on. And I don't understand what the bottom box means, I don't see any.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I have managed to get sitelinks, seller rating extensions and product listing ads in the ad preview tool.

The process is, however, a bit convoluted.

- search in the ad preview tool
- click in the google search field on the Google SERP
- press enter (do not click on the search button, as it does not work)

The initial search does not return any extensions. The second search, however, shows them all.

Sorry for not understanding the initial explanation.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow you are right, what a brilliant discovery ! Smiley Happy Thanks