AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ad performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Iam not getting enough clicks on my ads. Can anyone please explain me what will be the reasons for that? Can i improve my ad description or what?

Thanks, 

Nandini

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thotakura N
September 2015

Re: ad performance

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Thotakura,

The first thing to look at is your keyword list.Your ads must be relevant to the keywords. Check your keyword quality scores. If your quality scores are low , than the keywords you’ve chosen to associate with your ads are probably not relevant enough. Choose better keywords and you should be able to get more clicks for your ads. You can see search terms report, read about it here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

The second issue can be your bid. Simply put, your maximum cost per click (max CPC) bid needs to be high enough to outbid your competitors. If your bids are not competitive, Google will place your ads farther down the page. Ads with low average positions tend to get fewer clicks than ads with higher average positions. You can activate the column "First Page Bid Estimate. Also I suggest to check the average position of your ads in the Google AdWords ad preview & diagnosis tool.

Thirdly, you may just need better ad copy. Ad copy is what sells your product or service and entices a user to click-through to your website.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Kaushik

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Thotakura,

is this a Search Campaign, Display or Shopping? etc

Assuming Search:

Are you getting impressions? If yes

First check your Ad ave Position. If they are in the 3.5 range or lower then the ads generally appear on the side bar rather then the top ( most clicked area).

You will want to raise your bids and work on your Quality score to improve Ad rank, but Bids will have the fastest way to increase your Ave Position.

Look at your Ads next.
They all enabled, approved? If yes

Check your Ad Copy. Do your ads in your ad group resonate with the Keywords you have chosen. You may want to break your ad groups into smaller more defined keyword groups so that your ads really match your keywords as opposed to 100's of keywords trying to match up with 5-10-20 ad copies.

Next check Keyword:

Review your Quality score and Match Types. Are you using Negative keyword terms to make sure you are not getting impressions for Irrelevant keyword searches? Luckily you are not getting clicks for irrelevant keyword terms yet if you are using Broad match or Broad Match Modifiers.

Run the keyword Diagnostics test - Campaigns - Keywords - Details - Keyword Diagnosis
look for issues

Review Your Search Terms Report
what keyword queries are being shown?

Check you settings
Are you targeting correctly, is your ad schedule set?

Good luck, if you provide more details we can be more specific

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you all for helping me. My keywords quality score is between 5/10 to 7/10. I added 29 keywords in one adgroup with 3 text ads. Is this is a best practice ? Can you please suggest me

Thanks,
Nandini

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Thotakura,

The first thing to look at is your keyword list.Your ads must be relevant to the keywords. Check your keyword quality scores. If your quality scores are low , than the keywords you’ve chosen to associate with your ads are probably not relevant enough. Choose better keywords and you should be able to get more clicks for your ads. You can see search terms report, read about it here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en

The second issue can be your bid. Simply put, your maximum cost per click (max CPC) bid needs to be high enough to outbid your competitors. If your bids are not competitive, Google will place your ads farther down the page. Ads with low average positions tend to get fewer clicks than ads with higher average positions. You can activate the column "First Page Bid Estimate. Also I suggest to check the average position of your ads in the Google AdWords ad preview & diagnosis tool.

Thirdly, you may just need better ad copy. Ad copy is what sells your product or service and entices a user to click-through to your website.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Kaushik
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Thotakura,

is this a Search Campaign, Display or Shopping? etc

Assuming Search:

Are you getting impressions? If yes

First check your Ad ave Position. If they are in the 3.5 range or lower then the ads generally appear on the side bar rather then the top ( most clicked area).

You will want to raise your bids and work on your Quality score to improve Ad rank, but Bids will have the fastest way to increase your Ave Position.

Look at your Ads next.
They all enabled, approved? If yes

Check your Ad Copy. Do your ads in your ad group resonate with the Keywords you have chosen. You may want to break your ad groups into smaller more defined keyword groups so that your ads really match your keywords as opposed to 100's of keywords trying to match up with 5-10-20 ad copies.

Next check Keyword:

Review your Quality score and Match Types. Are you using Negative keyword terms to make sure you are not getting impressions for Irrelevant keyword searches? Luckily you are not getting clicks for irrelevant keyword terms yet if you are using Broad match or Broad Match Modifiers.

Run the keyword Diagnostics test - Campaigns - Keywords - Details - Keyword Diagnosis
look for issues

Review Your Search Terms Report
what keyword queries are being shown?

Check you settings
Are you targeting correctly, is your ad schedule set?

Good luck, if you provide more details we can be more specific
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you all for helping me. My keywords quality score is between 5/10 to 7/10. I added 29 keywords in one adgroup with 3 text ads. Is this is a best practice ? Can you please suggest me

Thanks,
Nandini