AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ad manager

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

someone asked me to do their advert for them and basically want

1) telephone number

2) biz info

3) 2 minute video

question : can i build all info into the video advert (telephone and biz references) OR

must i make the plain video representing the product only - and then add the other info into the overlays

what is the ruling on telephone numbers ?

they do not have a website - so the telephone is the only target

product is jewelrey

thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: ad manager

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi guiitarchildren, either approach would be acceptable and personally I'd probably do one more - have the contact details in the Ad text (this will appear directly beneath the video in YouTube, when screened there).

Oddly, you're the second person today to ask about telephone numbers being permitted in Ads.  There's no restriction on them, in fact they're recommended.  Has there been a publication of some kind saying that their use is restricted in some way?

I have to say that if the product is jewellery I really think a website - or at the very least a product listing - is a must.  If this were my client I couldn't professionally recommend spending money on advertising such a product that didn't have a readable and viewable "store" of some kind.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: ad manager

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

yes [ odd i thought phone numbers were banned - dont know how i assumed that ] ... agreed an online catalogue is what im doing for them but i like the idea of exclusive youtube video as its the same as a tv add ... sometimes i think it might be enough and maybe the website will 'fall away' in the future leaving web tv as the medium - and iphone ipad as the main viewer .