2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ad key words for taxi & minibuses

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi , i want to advertise our business which has been est.4 years .We are taxi business and also have 5 up to 16 seated minibuses.What are the best key words? , should i use 20 seperate key words or do i repeat certain words such as "taxi, mini bus , etc 3 times as i was once told.?

what negative words are best use?

thanks

Kelly

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: ad key words for taxi & minibuses

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Eugene,

I can't tell you which keywords to use, but I would recommend separate ad groups for taxis and mini-bus services. Then, as Tom suggests, do some experimenting with your ads and keywords and see what works. You might start with broad match keywords and run search terms reports frequently. Use that data to adjust your ad groups use phrase, exact and negative matches.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Eugene,

I can't tell you which keywords to use, but I would recommend separate ad groups for taxis and mini-bus services. Then, as Tom suggests, do some experimenting with your ads and keywords and see what works. You might start with broad match keywords and run search terms reports frequently. Use that data to adjust your ad groups use phrase, exact and negative matches.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Eugene,

Some great suggestions above. You can add the keywords 3 times for the different match types to provide increased granularity of reporting however it will not impact quality score so it is not a requirement. 

A better solution would be to create tightly themed ad groups for the different services you offer (e.g. taxi, minibus). 

I would recommend adding negative keywords for the services you don't offer e.g. if you don't provide an airport taxi service, add 'airport' as a negative keyword. 

I hope this helps!

Rachel

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a detailed question.

Thank you.