AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ad group with multiple ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

When I see the keyword statistics for my campaigns, how do I know which ads people clicked if I have multiple ads in an ad group?

For example, I have keywords:

keyword1

keyword2

and I have ads:

Ad1

Ad2

In the campaign home, it shows clicks, CTR, CPC, etc. but how do I know which ads people responded to from, say, keyword1?

And how do the ads show up if I have multiple ads in a single ad group? So let's say I have a budget of $100 per day and max bid of $5. And for the sake of simplicity, assume that every impression generates a click. Then I can count on at least 20 clicks per day right? So if I have 2 ads, does that mean 5 impressions per combination? (20/(2^2=4))

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Legend T
September 2015

Re: ad group with multiple ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

We answered a similar question in this discussion;

How do I drive certain keywords to certain ads?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Legend T
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

We answered a similar question in this discussion;

How do I drive certain keywords to certain ads?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
If you want your ads to show up evenly , your best best is to choose that option in the "ad rotation settings". As Moshe says it still wont guarantee which ad is going to show up for a specific keyword phrase as that depends on a lot of factors. More info on the link below:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

Cheers,
Vineesh..