AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

ad extensions disapproved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey folks, I am just trying to work out what has gone wrong here.  I received an email telling me my ad extension had been rejected because a URL address failed.  Naturally I though I must have had a typo in one of the addresses I put in - however I just went and tested them all by copying and pasting all of them into my browser and they all worked fine...

So any ideas?

Cheers,

Daryl.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: ad extensions disapproved?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for all the support guys, I honestly don't know what the problem was - it's all sorted now - and I didn't change any link address! I simply added an additional one! 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Daryl,

Could you please tell us which ad extension are you working with?

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375499

If you are using and referring to Sitelinks, please review the policies here:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1308145&topic=131086...

Hope this helps!

Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks mate, and yes it is sitelinks. I have read through the policy and I certainly hadn't broken any rules, I have gone and edited the extension - by adding an extra link, and now it is saying it is eligible...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Daryl,

Talking in sync with Tom, I would stress on the policies again because if you miss something, Google will penalize it by disapproving your silteinks.

Make sure that when you create your sitelink extensions, all the URLs should be working and there shouldn't be any broken links.

Still if your sitelinks got disapprove, you can get in touch with Adwords support immediately for detailed explanation.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Could this be a case of the google machine returning the "wrong" error message? For example, if the http:// is part of the entered URL, it won't work, because Google already adds the http:// in the box to the left of the URL (when creating sitelinks). Rather than automatically changing it, the sitelink will be disapproved.

Do you or have you used those same URL's for ads? Were all of those ad URL's approved? Have you ever seen any approved-limited ad status? If Google has not limited or disapproved any ads or pages before, you should have no worries over being "penalized" for anything. "URL address failed" is not disapproved or limited because of content, or policy violations. 

Something that has helped me in the past, is only using one "link" at a time. If you have a group, and only one URL has an issue, all links/URL's will be disapproved as a group. One link at a time, and give it a couple days. If the sitelink group extension doesn't get disapproved, then add another link with it's own URL. If/when the group get's disapproved again, then you will know which individual link/URL is causing the problem.

Tom

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 6
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daryl, 

Was there anything else mentioned in the email? Can you let us know if you still having the issue or you resolved it?

Thanks, 

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for all the support guys, I honestly don't know what the problem was - it's all sorted now - and I didn't change any link address! I simply added an additional one!