AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

account its has been under review

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Sir This Is krishna from mumbai web designers
there is an Adwords account with Customer ID xxx-xxx-xxxx this account
was created on last Saturday and allready did the payment on Saturday only,
right from the inception of this account its has been under review but on
Monday it came out of Under Review Period so i have increased the Daily
Budget but the moment he did it, this again went into the review period
this is really frustrating, my customer is also getting agitated, Because he
waited for the review period to get over and now as it has again gone under
review customer is saying that "why are you guys not letting me to
advertise my website" he is also ready to do any type of change with his
campaign which we suggest him but as there is no problem whatsoever with
his account. So, I request you to kindly complete the process as soon as
possible and treat it on urgent basis.

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: account its has been under review

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi 19,

There are several stages to the approval process for accounts and ads.

Here's a link that should explain abit more in detail.

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1316596&guide=1316546&page=guide.c...

Hope this Helps,

RPquest

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 19
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi RPquest,

but problem is that it came out of Under Review Period so i have increased the Daily

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hey 19,

(BTW, did you know that's the name of a Steely Dan song? :-)

When an account goes "under review" (as opposed to an ad being under review), it means that something about the account triggered our "risk" detectors.  Usually that's because something about the account is similar to accounts that have behaved badly in the past: used stolen credit cards, refused to pay bills, advertised counterfeit goods, hosted malware, or whatever.

It's hard to say what about the account might have been similar, because there are thousands of things that feed into those calculations.  Additionally, we don't divulge most of those signals because that would make it too easy for the bad guys to work around them.  But we do sometimes see "sleeper" accounts where the bad guys try to sneak in under the radar and then suddenly increase their budgets, so maybe you triggered an alarm related to that.

By the way, I really do mean "bad guys".  There are quite a few very sophisticated people who are constantly trying to create new accounts so they can defraud us, advertise illegal products, direct people to their malware sites, or do all of those at once.  It's a very adversarial relationship, unfortunately.  Sometimes when we change our detection mechanisms we can see them react and change their techniques almost instantly.  Here's an interview that my manager recently did on the subject, and a Google blog post that his boss made a couple of months ago.

It stinks that legitimate advertisers sometimes get caught in the crossfire.  The percentage who do is very, very low, and we're always trying to make it lower.  But with the number of advertisers we have there are unfortunately always going to be a few false positives.

About all you can do is wait for the account to be reviewed and re-enabled.  I believe that should happen within 3 business days of it going under review.  I'd suggest not changing anything in the account until the review is finished; otherwise you might trigger another one and delay it further.  And if you don't hear back within 3 days, please contact AdWords support so they can look into the issue and nudge the review along.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi 19,

There are several stages to the approval process for accounts and ads.

Here's a link that should explain abit more in detail.

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1316596&guide=1316546&page=guide.c...

Hope this Helps,

RPquest

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 19
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi RPquest,

but problem is that it came out of Under Review Period so i have increased the Daily

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hey 19,

(BTW, did you know that's the name of a Steely Dan song? :-)

When an account goes "under review" (as opposed to an ad being under review), it means that something about the account triggered our "risk" detectors.  Usually that's because something about the account is similar to accounts that have behaved badly in the past: used stolen credit cards, refused to pay bills, advertised counterfeit goods, hosted malware, or whatever.

It's hard to say what about the account might have been similar, because there are thousands of things that feed into those calculations.  Additionally, we don't divulge most of those signals because that would make it too easy for the bad guys to work around them.  But we do sometimes see "sleeper" accounts where the bad guys try to sneak in under the radar and then suddenly increase their budgets, so maybe you triggered an alarm related to that.

By the way, I really do mean "bad guys".  There are quite a few very sophisticated people who are constantly trying to create new accounts so they can defraud us, advertise illegal products, direct people to their malware sites, or do all of those at once.  It's a very adversarial relationship, unfortunately.  Sometimes when we change our detection mechanisms we can see them react and change their techniques almost instantly.  Here's an interview that my manager recently did on the subject, and a Google blog post that his boss made a couple of months ago.

It stinks that legitimate advertisers sometimes get caught in the crossfire.  The percentage who do is very, very low, and we're always trying to make it lower.  But with the number of advertisers we have there are unfortunately always going to be a few false positives.

About all you can do is wait for the account to be reviewed and re-enabled.  I believe that should happen within 3 business days of it going under review.  I'd suggest not changing anything in the account until the review is finished; otherwise you might trigger another one and delay it further.  And if you don't hear back within 3 days, please contact AdWords support so they can look into the issue and nudge the review along.

Laura

AdWords engineer