1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

a/b testing landing pages with final URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How are you guys A/B testing with final URLs? As far as I understand it the Final URL has to the actual URL of the landing page.

I thought about duplicating all ads and having one set running to one landing page, and another set running to another, but I prefer to have ad rotation "optimize by conversion" and found that the rotation algorithm is pretty aggressive in favoring a certain ad. I'd rather have one ad run to a split test than have two separate duplicate ads. Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: a/b testing landing pages with final URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

If I understood correctly you want to test a same ad with different landing page. Let us know if that's not the case here.

You could try and implement the AdWords Campaign Experiments making sure that the experiments run for particular period of time with different landing page as per your set up. Then based on your experiment, you could make statistical decisions whether to continue with that different landing page or not.

More details on how you can set up ACEs are explained here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375383?vid=1-635779880282091787-2931972514

Pankaj

Re: a/b testing landing pages with final URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I want to run an ad that will go Google Analytics experiment. The Google Analytics experiment is set up so that it will split test 2 different URLs (two variations of similar content). Is that still possible with "final URLs"?