Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to set up a youtube campaign and display my ads only forvideo viewers in specific languages. 

Is it possible to target youtube search results by language?

Thanks,

Hadas

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Youtube targeting

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Hadas, Welcome to AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

Yes you can target the Youtube Campaigns by language.

How It Works?

The language preference set on the YouTube homepage determines in which language a user wants to view YouTube. When the user sets the language preference, YouTube only displays ads that are targeted to the chosen language.

Let's say you are running the YouTube Campaigns that is targeted in UK and German Language. Then you Ads would appear to the UK people who is German speaking, if they have set their language preference German in Youtube.

But If the user doesn't specify a language preference, the user's location determines the default language preference.

Suppose a German speaking users are located in France, and he did not set the language preference in the Youtube, then he will see the default language( French Language) Ads in the Youtube.

Please see the link for more detail.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Youtube targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh Kumar,
Thank you for your reply.
What i meant is can I target the language of the videos?
Say a german speaking man is in france, and he did not set the language on youtube, so the language is in french. this person will likely be searching for videos in german.
so the question is:
can i target the search?