6.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube in-stream ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a question about the in-stream ads offered by YouTube. What is the exact cpm ( cost per 1000 views)? Does it vary depending on the length of the ad? For example, what is the cpm for 15 seconds and the cpm for a 30 seconds? 

Also, if I'm paying for the views and no one clicks on the ad, do I get it for free?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Youtube in-stream ads

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@samar d

YouTube in-stream ads offered through Adwords are TrueView. This means you bid for and pay per view.  So the CPM is going to be relative to your PPV bid.   Their is no cost difference between a 15, 30, or 60 second video per view. However, I have found that 15 second videos have the potential to serve more often than a longer one.  This is most likely due to the fact that YouTube does not want to serve long ads to its viewers on every video they watch.  

You pay when someone watches your video ad in its entirety or after 30 seconds, whichever comes first.  The viewers have the option to skip your ad after 5 seconds.  You do not pay for a view when they skip.  It's good strategy to communicate your advertising objective in those first 5 seconds. It's essentially free advertising to those who choose to skip.

More details on TrueView in-stream can be found here: https://support.google.com/displayspecs/answer/6055025?hl=en

Youtube in-stream ads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @samar d, CPM bid is only available when you opt to run the bumper ads or you want to run the ads on non-skippable format.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Youtube in-stream ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could you share more details about the CPM?

Youtube in-stream ads

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

As I said, the CPM bidding is available in Bumper ads, and Bumper Ads is only maximum 6 Sec.

Hence, you can find the estimate of Avs CPM and Impression by creating a new dummy campaigns. You need to add the targeting, budget and Bid. It will show you the estimate.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Youtube in-stream ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone know if you can use CTA overlays (and get them to show up) with Bumper Ads?