AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube Promotion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, there. I have uploaded a video to YouTube and am trying to Promote it. I have gone through the steps several times, and at the end am prompted to sign in to my AdWords account. When I sign in to my AdWords account, I am being taken through steps to start my first campaign and asked many of the same questions I already answered on the "YouTube" side, plus others that I feel are not relevant. I simply want to promote my YouTube video on the YouTube site to YouTube visitors. I have tried going directly to adwords.google.com/video and am bounced to the "first campaign" page. I don't see any link to my YouTube account or videos.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

Janna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Janna L
September 2015

Re: Youtube Promotion

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Janna L,

You have to create your first campaign in order to move on. It can be just blank.

Then create new campaign click on + Campaign and choose Online Video - the last one in the bottom and then you can set budget, location, language etc. + you can select video you want to advertise on youtube and select where you want your ads to appear, whether in search or somewhere completely else.

Thorough guide how to create video campaign here:

Create video ads with AdWords for video

How to link your YouTube channel and AdWords account:

Linking YouTube channels to an AdWords account

Hope this will help you!

Alex

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Janna L
September 2015

Re: Youtube Promotion

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Janna L,

You have to create your first campaign in order to move on. It can be just blank.

Then create new campaign click on + Campaign and choose Online Video - the last one in the bottom and then you can set budget, location, language etc. + you can select video you want to advertise on youtube and select where you want your ads to appear, whether in search or somewhere completely else.

Thorough guide how to create video campaign here:

Create video ads with AdWords for video

How to link your YouTube channel and AdWords account:

Linking YouTube channels to an AdWords account

Hope this will help you!

Alex